Subject: [IGSMAIL-4197]: EGS/AGU/EGU Session G15: Interactions and Combination of Space Geodesy Techniques
From: Markus Rothacher <[email-masked]>
To: IGSMAIL <[email-masked]>, DORISMAIL <[email-masked]>, IVSMAIL <[email-masked]>, ILRSMAIL <[email-masked]>, IERS Combination Research Center Forum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:56:59 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      15 Dec 09:54:19 PST 2002      Message Number 4197
******************************************************************************

Author: Markus Rothacher

Dear Colleagues,

we would like to remind you of Session G15 taking place at the
EGS-AGU-EGU Joint Assembly in Nice, France, April 6-11, 2003:

G15 "Interactions and Combination of Space Geodesy Techniques" 
     (co-sponsored by GI, GD, AS & OS)

You are kindly invited to contribute to this session, which may
be considered of special importance in view of the 
IAG project "IGGOS" (Integrated Global Geodetic Observing System). 
The session description is given below. The deadline for submission
of abstracts is
                    JANUARY 15, 2003.

All necessary information may be found at

    http://www.copernicus.org/egsagueug/index.html

Looking forward to seeing you in Nice.

With best regards,
                            Markus Rothacher
                            Tom Herring
                            Zuheir Altamimi
                            (Conveners of Session G15)

==========================================================================

  G15 Interactions and Combination of Space Geodesy Techniques 
  (co-sponsored by GI, GD, AS & OS)
 
  Space geodetic observation techniques (VLBI, SLR/LLR, GPS/GLONASS, 
  DORIS, as well as altimetry, InSAR, and the gravity missions)
contribute 
  significantly to the improvement and understanding of the three 
  major pillars of geodesy: the Earth's geometry (point coordinates 
  and kinematics), Earth orientation and rotation, and the gravity 
  field and its time variations. These three fields interact in various 
  ways and all contribute to the description of processes in the Earth 
  System. Each of the techniques contributes in a different and 
  unique way to these three pillars and should be combined into a 
  consistent integrated global geodetic observing system (IGGOS). 

  We welcome contributions, that deal with comparison and especially 
  the combination methodology of the various techniques at the level 
  of the sites (integrated observatories, collocations, local ties and 
  technical issues), at the level of common processing standards and 
  parameterizations, and at the level of the combined analysis (from 
  a combination of individual parameter types and normal equations 
  to the combination on the observation level). 
  In this context, contributions from (but not limited to) the
Combination 
  Research Centers of the IERS and the IERS SINEX Campaign are of 
  great interest. 
  The final goal of a fully integrated observing system would be the 
  combination of all parameter types common to more than one 
  technique and any presentations discussing steps in this direction 
  are encouraged. The list of common parameters includes site 
  coordinates (e.g., time series of combined solutions), Earth 
  orientation parameters, satellite orbits (combined orbits from 
  SLR, GPS, DORIS, Altimetry), atmospheric refraction (troposphere 
  and ionosphere), gravity field, geocenter, etc. The session may also 
  include studies concerning the benefit of using products from one 
  observation technique as input to another technique. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prof. Dr. Markus Rothacher                   Phone : ++49-89-289-23191
Forschungseinrichtung Satellitengeodaesie    Fax   : ++49-89-289-23178
Technische Universitaet Muenchen             E-mail:
[email-masked]
Arcisstrasse 21
D-80290 Muenchen / Germany