Subject: [IGSMAIL-4162]: CODE ionosphere product change
From: Stefan Schaer <[email-masked]>
To: igsmail <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:10:42 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      14 Nov 09:10:51 PST 2002      Message Number 4162
******************************************************************************

Author: Stefan Schaer

Dear colleagues,

Please be advised that, starting with day 307 of 2002 (start of GPS
week 1191), all CODE IONEX daily files include 13 ionosphere maps. The
first IONEX map refers to 00:00 UT, the last map to 24:00 UT (instead
of 01:00 and 23:00 UT, respectively). The time spacing of the maps
(snapshots) is still 2 hours. Due to the fact that each new daily file
contains ionospheric information covering not only 22 but 24 hours,
data interpolation becomes much more user-friendly.

This change concerns not only our final product (delivered to the
CDDIS data center) but also our rapid and predicted IONEX products
(made available through the CODE data base).

Note that we hereby comply with a coordinated model change within the
IGS ionosphere community.

Best regards,

Stefan Schaer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
How does the Earth's ionosphere currently develop? Look at
                          http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/ionosphere/