Subject: [IGSMAIL-0415] Epoch '92 Catalog
From: Carey E. Noll/CDDIS
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1993 8:00:27 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Dec 17  8:00:27 PST 1993      Message Number 0415
******************************************************************************

Author: Carey E. Noll/CDDIS
Subject: Epoch '92 Catalog

Subject:  Epoch '92 Catalog

For the last several months, I have been compiling a catalog of Epoch '92
experiments.  Table 1 below lists the regional experiments I have received
information on thus far.  Table 2 below lists the sites occupied during each of
these experiments.  The catalog itself, of course, has much more information
about each of these experiments and sites. For example, I have compiled
information on sites occupied and data availability for each experiment as well
as generated a regional map.  At this point, I would like the IGS community to
review the tables below to determine if any known experiments or site
occupations have been omitted.  I would greatly appreciate an e-mail to me
detailing any additions to the catalog.  It is my hope to generate a publically
available draft of the document early next year. In addition to hardcopy, I
would like to have a postscript version of the catalog available from the CDDIS 
and the IGS Central Bureau for dissemination and review. 

Carey Noll. 
********************************************************************************

            Table 1.  Epoch '92 Participants

                                  No.      Experiment
  Project         Region         Sta.        Contact
-----------   ----------------   ----   ----------------
Australia     Australia            55   AUSLIG
Bar Giyyora   Israel                1   IfAG
Brazil        Brazil                3   INPE
Canada        Canada                8   EMR
CEI           Central Europe       19   ISR
DMA           Global                5   DMA
DORIS         Global               14   IGN
GPS-MEDLAS    Italy/Spain           6   ASI
ROB           Belgium               1   ROB
Sweden        Sweden                ?   NLSS
WING          Western Pacific      28   ERI/U. of Tokyo

           Table 2.  Sites Occupied During Epoch '92 (By Project)

Australian Epoch '92 (AFN/IGS Fiducial GPS Sites):
==================================================
                                       North    East    Height
Name    Site Location       Country     Lat.    Long.     (m)     Receiver Type
---- ------------------- ------------- ------ -------- --------- ---------------
ALIC Alice Springs, NT   Australia     -23 40   133 53   603.5   Ashtech P-XII3
KARR Karratha, WA        Australia     -20 59   117 06   109.5   Ashtech M-XII
DARW Darwin, NT          Australia     -12 51   131 08   125.4   Ashtech P-XII3
TOWA Townsville, QLD     Australia     -19 21   146 47   587.2   Ashtech P-XII3
HOBA Hobart, Tasmania    Australia     -42 48   147 26    41.3   Ashtech P-XII3
COCO Cocos Island, WA    Australia     -12 11    96 50    35     Ashtech P-XII3
ORRO Orroral, ACT        Australia     -35 38   148 56  1356.4   Ashtech P-XII3
XMAS Christmas Is., WA   Australia     -10 27   105 41   260.6   Trimble 4000SST
YAR1 Yaragadee, WA       Australia     -29 03   115 21   241.5   Rogue SNR-8
TAS1 Hobart, Tasmania    Australia     -42 48   147 26    57.2   MiniMac
TIDB Tidbinbilla, ACT    Australia     -35 24   148 59   665.7   Rogue SNR-8
TOWN Townsville, QLD     Australia     -19 16   146 49    97.9   Trimble 4000SST
SMIT Smithfield, SA      Australia     -34 40   138 39    35.1   TI4100
OTAG Dunedin             New Zealand   -45 52   170 31    24.7   Ashtech LD-XII2
MORE Port Moresby        Papua NGuinea -09 26   147 11   116.8   Ashtech P-XII3

Australian Epoch '92 (State Survey GPS Sites):
==============================================
                                       North    East    Height
Name    Site Location       Country     Lat.    Long.     (m)     Receiver Type
---- ------------------- ------------- ------ -------- --------- ---------------
BROO Broome, WA          Australia     -17 53   122 16    28.7   Ashtech LD-XII2
PERT Gnangara, WA        Australia     -31 48   115 53    13.3   Ashtech LD-XII2
RAWL Rawlinson, WA       Australia     -25 00   128 19   830     Trimble 4000SST
ESPE Esperance, WA       Australia     -33 52   121 54    29.1   Ashtech LD-XII2
WINN Winnelli, NT        Australia     -12 25   130 53    83.1   Leica CR233
ROPE Roper River, NT     Australia     -14 50   135 04   140     Leica CR233
SHAM Shamrock, NT        Australia     -19 37   134 11   400     Trimble 4000SST
JOHN Kulgera, NT         Australia     -25 57   133 12   570     Trimble 4000SST
THEV Thevenard, SA       Australia     -32 03   133 43    33.9   Trimble 4000SST
STAN Point Stanvac, SA   Australia     -35 07   138 35   306.8   Trimble 4000SST
PORT Portland, Victoria  Australia     -38 19   141 32    47.6   Trimble 4000IIP
BENW Lome, Victoria      Australia     -38 29   143 55   491.6   Trimble 4000IIP
ATKI Atkinson, Victoria  Australia     -37 45   144 41   130     Trimble 4000IIP
BGY_ Tocumwal, NSW       Australia     -35 48   145 33   171.9   Trimble 4000SST
LLT_ Lake Littra, NSW    Australia     -33 56   141 00    34.6   Trimble 4000SST
EDN_ Eden, NSW           Australia     -37 04   149 54    17.5   Trimble 4000SST
ACRE Alice Springs, NT   Australia     -23 46   133 53   570     Trimble 4000SST
SDN_ Broken Hill, NSW    Australia     -31 54   141 27   408.4   Trimble 4000SST
GLG_ Gilgunnia, NSW      Australia     -32 22   145 59   544.1   Trimble 4000SST
BATH Bathurst, NSW       Australia     -33 26   149 34   125.4   Ashtech MDXII
FLAG Port Kembia, NSW    Australia     -34 28   150 51    75.3   Trimble 4000SST
CWY_ Harrington, NSW     Australia     -31 51   152 45    84.4   Trimble 4000SST
OLV_ Tibooburra, NSW     Australia     -29 05   141 49   323.1   Trimble 4000SST
BAN_ Barringun, NSW      Australia     -29 59   145 40   172.8   Trimble 4000SST
TEXA Texas, QLD          Australia     -28 51   151 13   538.4   Trimble 4000IIP
BNW_ Burnswick Heads     Australia     -28 32   153 32   135.7   Trimble 4000SST
MUCK Muckadilla, NSW     Australia     -26 35   148 23   393.7   Trimble 4000SST
HOWI Eromanga, QLD       Australia     -26 32   142 23   225.9   Trimble 4000SST
BREA Bedourie, QLD       Australia     -23 41   138 37   196.7   Trimble 4000IIP
EMU_ Hughenden, QLD      Australia     -20 14   144 23  1029.5   Trimble 4000IIP
OAKS Yepoon, QLD         Australia     -23 11   150 39   101.1   Trimble 4000SST
WILF Mt. Isa, QLD        Australia     -20 21   139 12   544.4   Trimble 4000IIP
TRIA Spring Bay, Tasm.   Australia     -42 30   147 55     9.7   Ashtech MDXII
NORM Normanton, QLD      Australia     -17 41   141 05    64.5   Trimble 4000IIP
PILL Darwin, NT          Australia     -12 28   130 50    80.5   Leica CR233
PIEB Cooktown, QLD       Australia     -15 19   145 05   482.4   Trimble 4000IIP
GREN Thursday Is., QLD   Australia     -10 35   142 13   130.3   Ashtech LDXII
BARC Barcaldine, QLD     Australia     -23 34   145 18   309     Trimble 4000IIP
SPM9 Burnie, Tasmania    Australia     -41 03   145 55    13.3   Leica CR233
QUT1 Brisbane, QLD       Australia     -27 29   153 02    93.1   Trimble 4000IIP

Brazilian Participation:
========================
                                       North    East    Height
Name    Site Location       Country     Lat.    Long.     (m)     Receiver Type
---- ------------------- ------------- ------ -------- --------- ---------------
BRAS Brasilia            Brazil        -15 57   -47 54  1087.87  Trimble
PARA Curitiba            Brazil        -25 27   -49 14   930.525 Trimble
UEPP Presidente Prudente Brazil        -22 07   -51 25   431.282 Trimble

Canadian Participation:
=======================
                                       North    East    Height
Name    Site Location       Country     Lat.    Long.     (m)     Receiver Type
---- ------------------- ------------- ------ -------- --------- ---------------
ALBH Albert Head         Canada         48 23   236 31    50.055 Rogue SNR-8C
ALGO Algonquin           Canada         45 57   281 56   237.324 Rogue SNR-8
DRAO Penticton           Canada         49 19   240 23   558.244 Rogue SNR-8
HOLB Holberg             Canada         50 38   231 52   575.136 Rogue SNR-8C
PRAL Prince Albert       Canada         53 13   254 04   478.81  Rogue SNR-800
PRDS Priddis             Canada         50 52   245 42  1262.89  Rogue SNR-8C
STJO Saint JohnÕs        Canada         47 36   307 19   143.494 Rogue SNR-8C
YELL Yellowknife         Canada         62 29   245 31   207.922 Rogue SNR-8C

CEI (Central European Initiative):
==================================
                                       North    East    Height
Name    Site Location       Country     Lat.    Long.     (m)     Receiver Type
---- ------------------- ------------- ------ -------- --------- ---------------
GRAZ Graz                Austria        47 04    15 30           Rogue SNR-8C
GRAA Graz                Austria        47 04    15 30           Ashtech
HUTB Hutbigl             Austria        48 39    15 36           WM-102
PFAN Pfaender            Austria        47 31    09 42           Rogue SNR-8C
     Reisseck            Austria        46 55    13 22           Trimble
PLNA Plana               Bulgaria       42 28    23 25           Ashtech
     Novoselska Brda     Croatia        45 36    17 06           Ashtech
     Prapatnica          Croatia        43 35    16 10           Ashtech
     Vel. Gradisce       Croatia        45 09    18 43           Ashtech
     Vel. Pljesivica     Croatia        44 50    14 59           Ashtech
ZAGR Zagreb              Croatia        45 50    16 00           Ashtech
MOPI Modra-Piesky        CSFR           48 22    17 16           Trimble 4000SST
GOPE Pecny               CSFR           49 55    14 47           Trimble
PENC Penc                Hungary        47 47    19 17           Trimble 4000SST
BOGO Borowa Gora         Poland         52 28    21 02           Ashtech
BORO Borowiec            Poland         57 17    17 04           Trimble 4000SST
JOZE Jozefoslaw          Poland         52 05    21 02           Trimble 4000SST
     Lamkowko            Poland         53 54    20 40           Ashtech
LJUB Ljubljana           Poland         46 05    14 30           Ashtech

DMA Participation:
==================
                                         North     East   Height
Name    Site Location       Country       Lat.     Long.    (m)   Receiver Type
---- ------------------- ------------- --------- --------- ------ --------------
     Bahrain             Bahrain        26.20914  50.60814       
     Buenos Aires        Argentina     -24.57370 301.48071       
     Hermitage           United Kingdom 51.45380 358.71592       
     Quito               Ecuador        -0.21515 281.50640       
     Smithfield          Australia     -34.67393 138.65480       

DORIS Collocation:
==================
                                       North    East    Height
Name    Site Location       Country     Lat.    Long.     (m)     Receiver Type
---- ------------------- ------------- ------ -------- --------- ---------------
ARLT Arlit               Niger          18 47    07 22   430     Ashtech MP XII
ARNA Arnagardur          Iceland        64 09   -21 59    30     Trimble 4000SST
CACH Cachoeira           Brazil        -22 41   -45 00   700     Ashtech P XII
COLB Columbo             Sri Lanka      06 54    79 52    20     Ashtech MP XII
DIJB Djibouti            Djibouti       11 32    42 51   730     Ashtech P XII
GALA Galapagos Islands   Ecuador       -00 54   -89 37     0     Ashtech P XII
INEG Aguascalientes      Mexico         21 51  -102 17           Trimble 4000SST
LIBV Libreville          Gabon          00 21    09 40    25     Trimble 4000SST
MANL Manilla             Phillipines    14 32   121 02    30     Ashtech MP XII
NMN1 Noumea              New Caledonia -22 14   166 24    25     Trimble 4000SST
PURP Purple Mountain     China          32 04   118 49   265     Ashtech MD XII
REUN La Reunion          Mascarene Isl -21 13    55 34  1554     Ashtech P XII
SAKL Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk   Russia         49 01   142 43    76     Ashtech L-XII
SOCO Socorro Island      Mexico         18 43  -110 57    30     Trimble GeodIIP
STHL Saint Helena        St Helena Isl -15 56   -05 40   440     Ashtech MP XII

GPS-MEDLAS '92:
===============
                                       North    East    Height
Name    Site Location       Country     Lat.    Long.     (m)     Receiver Type
---- ------------------- ------------- ------ -------- --------- ---------------
MEDI Medicina            Italy          44 31    11 39           Trimble 4000SST
BASO Basovizza           Italy          45 39    13 53           Trimble 4000SST
NOTO Noto (Marker O)     Italy          36 53    14 59           WM-102
7543 Noto (Marker G)     Italy          36 53    14 59           Trimble 4000SST
SFER San Fernando        Spain          36 28   -06 12           Trimble 4000SST
EBRE l'Ebre              Spain          40 82    00 49           Ashtech LM-XII3

Israel Participation:
=====================
                                       North    East    Height
Name    Site Location       Country     Lat.    Long.     (m)     Receiver Type
---- ------------------- ------------- ------ -------- --------- ---------------
BARG Bar Giyyora         Israel         31.7228 35.0889  750     Trimble 4000SST

ROB Participation:
==================
                                       North    East    Height
Name    Site Location       Country     Lat.    Long.     (m)     Receiver Type
---- ------------------- ------------- ------ -------- --------- ---------------
BRVS Brussels            Belgium        50 48    04 22   157.44  Trimble 4000SLD
 
Sweden Participation:
=====================
                                       North    East    Height
Name    Site Location       Country     Lat.    Long.     (m)     Receiver Type
---- ------------------- ------------- ------ -------- --------- ---------------
========================= Information not yet received =========================

Western Pacific Integrated Network (WING):
==========================================
                                       North    East    Height
Name    Site Location       Country     Lat.    Long.     (m)     Receiver Type
---- ------------------- ------------- ------ -------- --------- ---------------
DAEN Daejeon             Korea          36 24   127 22   142     Trimble 4000SST
MANL Manila              Philippines    14 32   121 02    75     Ashtech P-12
PNG5 Nambersian          Philippines    14 52   120 15           Trimble 4000SST
WUHA Wuhan               China          30 32   114 21    55     MiniMac 2816
SHAN Shanghai            China          31 06   121 11           MiniMac 2816
BEIJ Beijing             China          39 36   115 53    75     Ashtech P-12
S102 Lanhsu              Taiwan         22 02   121 33   349     Trimble 4000SST
S01R Paisha              Taiwan         23 39   119 36    50     Trimble 4000SST
MNZR Manazuru            Japan          35 09   139 09    51     Trimble 4000SLD
OSMA Oshima              Japan          34 47   139 23   116     Trimble 4000SLD
TURG Turugisaki          Japan          35 08   139 41    41     Trimble 4000SLD
NBYM Nobeyama            Japan          35 56   138 29  1389     Trimble 4000SST
ENZN Enzan               Japan          35 44   138 48   942     MiniMac 2816
FCHN Fuchu               Japan          35 39   139 28    85     MiniMac 2816
HKWN Honkawane           Japan          35 06   138 08   493     MiniMac 2816
HMON Hamaoka             Japan          34 38   138 09    78     MiniMac 2816
HRTN HiratsukaT          Japan          35 19   139 20    58     MiniMac 2816
HTKN HiratsukaR          Japan          35 19   139 20    58     MiniMac 2816
HTSN Hatsushima          Japan          35 02   139 10    73     MiniMac 2816
ICHN Ichihara            Japan          35 24   140 10    74     MiniMac 2816
KWNN Kawana              Japan          35 57   139 08    52     MiniMac 2816
NBKN Nebukawa            Japan          35 12   139 08           MiniMac 2816
NIJN Niijima             Japan          34 22   139 15    29     MiniMac 2816
NRYN Nirayama            Japan          35 04   138 58           MiniMac 2816
OYMN Oyama               Japan          35 20   139 00           MiniMac 2816
SMDN Shimoda             Japan          34 44   138 56   119     MiniMac 2816
SMYN Shimoyama           Japan          35 02   137 19           MiniMac 2816
YSTN Yasato              Japan          36 15   140 12    68     MiniMac 2816