Subject: [IGSMAIL-4062]: Candidate for the Iono_WG Chairmanship.
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:52:19 +0200

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      28 Aug 04:52:48 PDT 2002      Message Number 4062
******************************************************************************

Author: Joachim Feltens
subject: Candidate for the Iono_WG Chairmanship.

Dr. Joachim Feltens                             Darmstadt, 28 August 2002
IGS Ionosphere Working Group Chairman
EDS at ESOC-FDD
Robert-Bosch-Strasse 5
D-64293 Darmstadt
GERMANY
e-mail: [email-masked]

Subject: Candidate for the Iono_WG Chairmanship.

Hallo Iono_WGlers, dear IGS colleagues,

on 1 August 2002 I sent around a GPS-IONO/IONO-WG mail proposing:

  Dr. Manuel Hernandez-Pajares from the Group of Astronomy & GEoma-
  tics, gAGE/UPC, Polytechnical University of Catalonia (UPC),
  Barcelona, Spain

as candidate to become the new Iono_WG Chairman. I set a deadline
until 25 August to give the Iono_WG members the opportunity to express
their comments to Manuel as candidate. Since I got only positive replies
from you, I assume that Manuel has been accepted by the Iono_WG. I have
thus the pleasure to propose Manuel now officially as new Iono_WG
Chairman to the IGS Governing Board for formal election on the IGS GB
meeting on 10 September at GFZ in Potsdam.

I have agreed with Manuel that there will be a smooth transition of the
chairman activities until the end of the year. I will for instance com-
plete the actions on the IGS 2001 Annual & Technical reports and I will
also complete the still outstanding upgrades in the comparison program,
hopefully by the end of September. The delivery of the comparison stuff
from Darmstadt to Barcelona will then be done by the end of this year.
I will also support Manuel during the first phase with my chairman
experience that I have earned during the last 4 years.

Best regards,          Joachim