Subject: [IGSMAIL-396] CANSPACE File Arch
From: Richard Langley
Date: 1 DEC 1993 20:36:51

IGS Electronic Mail        1-DEC-1993 20:36:51       Message Number 396
***********************************************************************

From: Richard Langley 
Subj: CANSPACE File Arch
-------------------------

Author: Richard B. Langley / UNB

        IGS Messages and Reports Now in CANSPACE File Archives
        ======================================================

Now both messages and reports issued by the International GPS Service
for Geodynamics are available from the CANSPACE file archives.

The file archives are on UNBMVS1.CSD.UNB.CA (131.202.1.2) in the
"sub-directory" PUB.CANSPACE.  Note that after you connect to UNBMVS1 you must
give a CHANGE DIRECTORY command before you can list file names -- there is no
initial default directory.  To learn more about the vagaries of the MVS FTP
facility at UNB, read the file PUB.$README.

The messages are in "directory" IGS.MESSAGES (see IGS.MESSAGES.INDEX for
an index to the messages); the reports are in IGS.REPORTS (with index
IGS.REPORTS.INDEX).

The CANSPACE file archives are also available, on an experimental basis,
via a Gopher server at UNB.  The name of the server is UofNB MVS gopher
server.  Its address is unbmvs1.csd.unb.ca (131.202.1.2) and the IP port
used is 70.  Note that this gopher is not listed in the "central gopher
registry".  This means the program that goes out to look at the gophers
and update its index of menu items doesn't come here to look for stuff.
When the gopher is a little more stable in contents we will probably
register it.  You can find the MVS gopher via the main UNB gopher which
is called University of New Brunswick (unix server).  However, you can
connect to the MVS gopher directly by giving your gopher client the
address above.  You will find the CANSPACE files in the Faculty and
Departmental News and Information folder.  In other words, the hierarchy
looks like this:
  University of New Brunswick (unix server)
    UofNB MVS gopher server
      Faculty and Departmental News and Information
        Canadian Space Geodesy Forum (CANSPACE) Archives
If your client uses uniform resource locators (URLs), the URL for the
CANSPACE archives is
  gopher://unbmvs1.csd.unb.ca:1570/1EXEC%3aCANSPACE

==============================================================================
 Richard B. Langley                        Internet: [email-masked] or [email-masked]
 Geodetic Research Laboratory              BITnet:   LANG@UNB or SE@UNB
 Dept. of Surveying Engineering            Phone:    (506) 453-5142
 University of New Brunswick               FAX:      (506) 453-4943
 Fredericton, N.B., Canada  E3B 5A3        Telex:    014-46202
==============================================================================