Subject: [IGSMAIL-395] New IGSMAIL procedures
From: Werner Gurtner
Date: 1 DEC 1993 12:16:47

IGS Electronic Mail        1-DEC-1993 12:16:47       Message Number 395
***********************************************************************

From: Werner Gurtner
Subj: New IGSMAIL procedures
----------------------------

Author: Werner Gurtner

New IGSMAIL Procedures
----------------------

Currently the IGS Central Bureau at JPL is developing the tools for the
future operation of the IGSMAIL and IGSREPORT utilities.

Plans are to automate the handling of these mailboxes as much as
possible.

In order to facilitate such an automated operation we ask that everyone
who sends messages or reports to IGSMAIL or IGSREPORT for distribution
observe the following simple guidelines:

1)  Always define a (short) subject when mailing the messages or reports

2)  Include an "Author line" as the FIRST line of the message body,
    containing left-justified the keyword "Author: " followed by your
    name.

Examples:

Author: C. Noll / CDDIS

or

Author: David Jefferson
 
etc.

Mails not containing this "Author line" or mails with an empty subject
field will not be distributed automatically and might therefore be
considerably delayed.

To prevent messages from automated distribution (e.g. messages to the
IGSMAIL postmaster) simply leave out the "Author line" intentionally.

We would like you to observe these rules and, if necessary, adjust your
procedures generating your IGSREPORTs as soon as possible.

Thanks and regards,

   Jim Zumberge
  Werner Gurtner

IGS Central Bureau