Subject: [IGSMAIL-386] CODE / Changes of Anonymous ftp
From: M. ROTHACHER
Date: 25 NOV 1993 13:56:54

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       25-NOV-1993 13:56:54       Message Number 386
***********************************************************************

From: M. ROTHACHER
Subj: CODE / Changes of Anonymous ftp  
-------------------------------------

Dear Colleagues,

Due to reconfigurations of the software and hardware of the VAX/Alpha
cluster at our University in Berne, the system will not be available 

        December 3, 17:00 UT  -  December 5, 23:00 UT .

During this time IGS data cannot be obtained nor put to the CODE
processing center. 

The following changes are necessary for centers and users accessing the
CODE processing center (via anonymous ftp):

On Saturday, November 27, 1993, at 13:00 UT the link pointing to our 
anonymous ftp directories will be changed due to changes in the
disk configuration. From this time onward the anonymous ftp
account of CODE can be accessed using the following commands:

       ftp UBECLU.UNIBE.CH
       cd aiub$ftp
       cd .....

       instead of the old commands

       ftp UBECLU.UNIBE.CH   (or 130.92.4.10) 
       cd astronomy
       cd .....

Between November 27, 13:00 UT and December 3, 17:00 all the users and
IGS centers have to change to this new access scheme (using the command
"cd aiub$ftp"). The command "cd astronomy" will not work any longer 
after December 3, 17:00 UT.
It is preferable to use the cluster name UBECLU.UNIBE.CH for
future access (instead of the internet numbers 130.92.4.10 or 130.92.4.11), 
because it is independent of the computer being up and running.

VAX-specific directory changes as e.g.

    cd [.astronomy] 
    cd [.astronomy.igs]  

cannot be used after November 27, 13:00 UT, because of the new
VAX link. Instead the commands     
  
    cd aiub$ftp    and    cd aiub$ftp
                          cd igs

have to be used.

We are sorry for all the inconveniences caused by these changes. If there 
are any problems, please let us know.

                                          Sincerely yours,

                                          Markus Rothacher
                                          CODE IGS Processing Center