Subject: [IGSMAIL-383] IGS CB Information System
From: Werner Gurtner
Date: 24 NOV 1993 19:31:21

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       24-NOV-1993 19:31:21       Message Number 383
***********************************************************************

From: Werner Gurtner
Subj: IGS CB Information System
-------------------------------

                  -------------------------------------
                  IGS Central Bureau Information System
                  -------------------------------------

Currently the IGS Central Bureau is in the process of establishing an
easy-to-use IGS Information System on a computer to be accessed by
anonymous ftp (only). The system comprises in fact of a directory
tree and various ASCII files.

Examples of the files that can or will be found:

  -  daily updated data holdings of the various data centers
  -  global files showing where the observation data of the various
     permanent sites are actually available
  -  description of the directory structures of and access to the
     data centers
  -  daily updated files containing the subject lines  of the NANUs  
  -  daily updated files containing the message bodies of the NANUs  
  -  current gps constellation description
  -  IGS data flow charts
  -  IGSMAIL and IGSREPORT
  -  daily updated files showing what products are available at CDDIS
     (might be extended to other centers)
  -  antenna drawings
  -  address lists
  -  descriptions of operational centers
  -  descriptions of the analysis procedures of the IGS analysis centers
  -  software of general interest
  -  station log files
  -  ITRF coordinates
  -  local ties
  -  news letters
  -  (format) description of some of the files

Of special importance are the data holding files: Using this information
it is possible to easily get access to the observation data of permanent 
stations that are availble at regional data centers, only!
 
Anonymous FTP Internet Access:   sideshow.jpl.nasa.gov   (128.149.70.41)

The directory /igscb contains a file TREE.TXT showing the directory
structure as well as the currently available files.

As we are still in a TEST PHASE the directory structure or the information 
content may vary without notice and some of the information itself might
not yet be 100% correct.

(We will remove again doubtful information before the official start of IGS on
January 1st, 1994!) 

Comments, proposals for additional information to be included, as well as
corrections, are welcome! 

                                                        Werner Gurtner
                                                  (currently at the IGS CB)

E-Mail:	[email-masked]
        [email-masked]