Subject: [IGSMAIL-3828]: online GPS-Met data
From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 14:39:51 EST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      04 Apr 11:39:53 PST 2002      Message Number 3828
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray

Seth Gutman (NOAA/Forecast Systems Lab) provided the following information
that may be of general interest.  The NOAA/FSL group now operates near
real-time met sensors at a number of stations across the U.S., including
several IGS stations (e.g., USNO and AMC2).  The raw met data as well as
derived IPWV can be viewed, together with certain other data types (e.g.,
radiosonde results from nearby stations).

The main website is at <http://gpsmet.fsl.noaa.gov/jsp/index.jsp>.  From
there:
 
 * select Data Displays and select Real Time Data from the drop-down menu

 * go to the FSL Demo Network List Box and select sort by Name (default) or
   sort by ID.  If you select by Name, sites are listed alphabetically by
   state (DC for the case of USNO).  If you select by ID, sites are listed
   alphabetically that way.

 * scroll-down until you find the selected site (e.g., USNO) and click on
   it.  It should appear in the Selected Sites Box at the bottom.  You can
   select any of the variables (e.g. IPWV) to plot as a time series.  Use
   the Start Day / End Day slide bars to change the dates if you desire.

 * press the Plot Data button when you're ready to plot the time series