Subject: [IGSMAIL-3824]: more Radid station clocks from USNO
From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 8:51:17 EST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      03 Apr 05:51:19 PST 2002      Message Number 3824
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray

Starting 28 March, Jim Rohde has made several changes to our IGS Rapid
solution procedures to include more stations in our daily clock
submissions.  As before, the precise point positioning method is applied
to determine clock estimates for a set of stations in addition to the
34 sites used in our global network.  Our daily submissions now routinely
include more than 100 receiver clocks (in addition to all the satellite
clocks).  The additional stations are selected based on the priority:
1) IGS stations colocated at BIPM timing labs; 2) stations equipped with
H-masers; 3) stations equipped with Cs clocks; 4) stations equipped with
Rb clocks.  (See the file at http://maia.usno.navy.mil/gpst/clock-fids
a list of the specific sites.)

Assuming at least one other Analysis Center includes the same sites in
their submissions, this change should be very beneficial for users of
the IGS combined clock products, especially for the IGS/BIPM timing
project.