Subject: [IGSMAIL-382] GPS Global Network Advisory: GOLD, MADR, TIDB
From: Dave Starr/JPL
Date: 24 NOV 1993 19:03:44

IGS Electronic Mail       24-NOV-1993 19:03:44       Message Number 382
***********************************************************************

From: Dave Starr/JPL
Subj: GPS Global Network Advisory: GOLD, MADR, TIDB
---------------------------------------------------

On Friday November 19th, JPL started providing header information as
requested by the IGS Central Burea. In addition as an aid to other
tasks we also implemented in-line headers as a allowed by the RINEX 2
standard. There where 2 discrepancy in these inline headers one involved
the ordering of some data. The other involved a miss communications as
to how in-line headers could be handled. 

We have received a few comments on the inclusion of the inline
information and have decided to remove this information from the normal
processing stream. We are working on a version of our software that will
allow us to select inline information for these specific tasks and will
not place inline information in the  normal processing stream.

We will reprocess the DSN data from the 19th on and make those files
available to CDDIS sometime on the 24th of November.

We welcome additional comments on inline information.

- Dave

=======================================================================
W. Dave Starr                      Telephone:   (818) 354 7436
GPS Networks & Operations Group    FAX:         (818) 393 4965
Jet Propulsion Laboratory          Email:       [email-masked]
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, CA 91109
=======================================================================