Subject: [IGSMAIL-3782]: Updated equipment for station WHIT
From: Peter Taylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:41:54 -0500 (EST)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      14 Mar 12:02:14 PST 2002      Message Number 3782
******************************************************************************

Author: Peter Taylor

     WHIT Site Information Form                                                 
     International GPS Service for Geodynamics                                  
0.   Form
     Prepared by (full name)  : Peter Taylor
     Date Prepared            : 14-MAR-2002
     Report Type              : UPDATE
     Prepared Using           : ORACLE Database                                 
1.   Site Identification of the GPS Monument
     Site Name                : WHITEHORSE                              
     Four Character ID        : WHIT
     Monument Inscription     : 7787017                                         
     IERS DOMES Number        : 40136M001
     CDP Number               : 
     Date Installed           : 07-JUN-1996 00:00 UT
     Geologic Characteristic  : BEDROCK                                         
       Bedrock Type           : METAMORPHIC                                     
       Bedrock Condition      : WEATHERED                                       
       Fracture Spacing       :                                                 
       Notes                  : 
     Additional Information   : operational 09-JUN-1995;                        
                              : data also available for June - Sept. 1995;      
                              : This station is part of the Western Canada      
                              : Deformation Array (WCDA) as well as the         
                              : Canadian Active Control System (CACS).          
                              : The following information is current as of      
                              : 26-NOV-97:                                      
                              : *******************************************     
                              : The GPS reference mark consists of a brass      
                              : plate with a forced centred stainless steel     
                              : bolt. The brass plate is embedded on top of     
                              : a 1.5 metre high concrete pier, 40 cm in        
                              : diameter. The concrete pier is anchored to      
                              : exposed bedrock using steel re-enforcement      
                              : bars. The antenna is attached to the brass      
                              : forced centered plate via a 10 cm high          
                              : anodized aluminum base. This base               
                              : provides a constant height above the brass      
                              : plate and also permits the antenna to be        
                              : referenced to north.                            

2.   Site Location Information
     City or Town             : WHITEHORSE                    
     State or Province        : Yukon                
     Country                  : CANADA         
     Tectonic Plate           : North American      
     Approximate Position       
       X coordinate (m)       :   -2218337.8450
       Y coordinate (m)       :   -2201205.0560
       Z coordinate (m)       :    5543057.5730
       Latitude (deg)         :       60.750500 N
       Longitude (deg)        :      135.222100 W
       Elevation (m)          :       1427.0000
     Additional Information   :                                                 
3.   GPS Receiver Information      
3.1  Receiver Type            : ROGUE SNR-8000      
     Serial Number            : 166                           
     Firmware Version         : 3.0.32.3 L 95/03/21            
     Date Installed           : 09-JUN-1995 22:18 UT
     Date Removed             : 05-JUL-1995 06:00 UT
     Additional Information   : equipment failure - no data until               
                              : 13-JUL-1995 19:30 UT                            
 
3.2  Receiver Type            : ROGUE SNR-8000      
     Serial Number            : 165                           
     Firmware Version         : 3.2 LINK 95/03/09              
     Date Installed           : 13-JUL-1995 19:30 UT
     Date Removed             : 19-SEP-1995 23:59 UT
     Additional Information   : New Receiver / Firmware                         
                              : Instrumentation removed 19-SEP-1995 23:59 UT    
                              : no data until 07-JUN-1996 00:00 UT              
 
3.3  Receiver Type            : ROGUE SNR-8000      
     Serial Number            : 309                           
     Firmware Version         : 3.2 LINK 95/03/09              
     Date Installed           : 07-JUN-1996 00:00 UT
     Date Removed             : 30-JUL-1999 17:33 UT
     Additional Information   :                                                 
 
3.4  Receiver Type            : ROGUE SNR-8000      
     Serial Number            : 309                           
     Firmware Version         : 3.2.32.8 LINK 1998/12/20       
     Date Installed           : 30-JUL-1999 17:44 UT
     Date Removed             : 11-JUL-2000 23:30 UT
     Additional Information   : equipment failure, no data from Jul 7           
                              : to Jul 12;                                      
 
3.5  Receiver Type            : AOA BENCHMARK ACT   
     Serial Number            : 2026                          
     Firmware Version         : 3.3.32.4 LK 00/06/02           
     Date Installed           : 11-JUL-2000 23:30 UT
     Date Removed             : 03-OCT-2000 16:00 UT
     Additional Information   :                                                 
 
3.6  Receiver Type            : AOA SNR-8000 ACT    
     Serial Number            : 302U                          
     Firmware Version         : 3.3.32.2N                      
     Date Installed           : 04-OCT-2000 00:00 UT
     Date Removed             :                  
     Additional Information   :                                                 

4.   GPS Antenna Information       
4.1  Antenna Type             : AOAD/M_T            
     Serial Number            : 92172                         
     Antenna Height (m)       : 0.1000 
     Antenna Reference Point  : ARP                 
     Degree Offset from North : 
     Antenna Radome Type      :                     
     Date Installed           : 09-JUN-1995 22:18 UT
     Date Removed             : 05-JUL-1995 06:00 UT
     Additional Information   : equipment failure - no data until Jul 13        
                              : Reference Antenna Diagram 'A' below             
                              : degrees offset from North refers to 'True       
                              : North'                                          
                              : Antenna p/n 7490400-1                           
 
4.2  Antenna Type             : AOAD/M_T            
     Serial Number            : 92168                         
     Antenna Height (m)       : 0.1000 
     Antenna Reference Point  : ARP                 
     Degree Offset from North : 
     Antenna Radome Type      :                     
     Date Installed           : 13-JUL-1995 19:30 UT
     Date Removed             : 19-SEP-1995 23:59 UT
     Additional Information   : Reference Antenna Diagram 'A' below             
                              : Instrumentation removed 19-SEP-1995 23:59 UT    
                              : no data until 07-JUN-1996 00:00 UT              
                              : degrees offset from North refers to 'True       
                              : North'                                          
                              : Antenna p/n 7490400-1                           
 
4.3  Antenna Type             : AOAD/M_T            
     Serial Number            : 92168                         
     Antenna Height (m)       : 0.1000 
     Antenna Reference Point  : ARP                 
     Degree Offset from North : 
     Antenna Radome Type      :                     
     Date Installed           : 07-JUN-1996 00:00 UT
     Date Removed             : 24-JUN-1997 16:55 UT
     Additional Information   : Reference Antenna Diagram 'B' below             
                              : no data 23-JUN-1997 04:23 UT until              
                              : 24-JUN-1997 16:55 UT                            
                              : degrees offset from North refers to 'True       
                              : North'                                          
                              : Antenna p/n 7490400-1                           
 
4.4  Antenna Type             : AOAD/M_T            
     Serial Number            : 96277                         
     Antenna Height (m)       : 0.1000 
     Antenna Reference Point  : ARP                 
     Degree Offset from North : 
     Antenna Radome Type      :                     
     Date Installed           : 24-JUN-1997 16:55 UT
     Date Removed             :                  
     Additional Information   : Reference Antenna Diagram 'B' below             
                              : degrees offset from North refers to 'True       
                              : North'                                          
                              : currently installed                             
                              : Antenna p/n 7490582-B                           

5.   Local Site Ties          : NONE
6.   Frequency Standard            
6.1  Standard Type            : INTERNAL            
       Frequency              :                     
       Effective Dates        : 09-JUN-1995 22:18 - 07-JUN-1996 00:00
       Notes                  :                                                 
 
6.2  Standard Type            : INTERNAL            
       Frequency              :                     
       Effective Dates        : 07-JUN-1996 - 04-OCT-2000 00:00
       Notes                  :                                                 
 
6.3  Standard Type            : RUBIDIUM            
       Frequency              : 5 MHZ               
       Effective Dates        : 04-OCT-2000 - 12-MAR-2002 18:30 UT
       Notes                  :                                                 
 
6.4  Standard Type            : RUBIDIUM            
       Frequency              : 5 MHZ               
       Effective Dates        :       12-MAR-2002 UT - PRESENT
       Notes                  :                                                 

7.   Collocation Information       
7.1  Instrumentation Type     : VLBI                
       Status                 : MOBILE              
       Effective Dates        : 
       Notes                  : Contact for more information                    

8.   Meteorological Instrumentation
8.1  Pressure Sensor Model    : PTB-100A            
     Manufacturer             : VAISALA             
     Data Frequency           : 15 MIN              
     Accuracy (mbar)          :  0.25  
     Effective Dates          : 06-SEP-2000 - 13-OCT-2000 00:00
     Notes                    :                                                 
 
8.2  Humidity Sensor Model    : HMP-35A             
     Manufacturer             : VAISALA             
     Data Frequency           : 15 MIN              
     Accuracy (% rel h)       :  3.00  
     Effective Dates          : 06-SEP-2000 - PRESENT
     Notes                    :                                                 
 
8.3  Temperature Sensor Model : YSI 44212           
     Manufacturer             : VSI                 
     Data Frequency           : 15 MIN              
     Accuracy (deg C)         :  0.20  
     Effective Dates          : 06-SEP-2000 - PRESENT
     Notes                    :                                                 
 
8.4  Pressure Sensor Model    : PTB-100A            
     Manufacturer             : VAISALA             
     Data Frequency           : 15 MIN              
     Accuracy (mbar)          :  0.25  
     Effective Dates          : 13-OCT-2000 - 09-FEB-2002 00:00
     Notes                    :                                                 
 
8.5  Pressure Sensor Model    : PTB-100A            
     Manufacturer             : VAISALA             
     Data Frequency           : 15 MIN              
     Accuracy (mbar)          :  0.25  
     Effective Dates          : 09-FEB-2002 - PRESENT
     Notes                    :                                                 

9.   On-Site, Point of Contact Agency Information           
     Agency                   : GEODETIC SURVEY OF CANADA                       
     Mailing Address          : 615 Booth St., Ottawa, Ontario                  
                              : CANADA, K1A 0E9                                 
     Primary Contact
       Contact Name           : Mark Caissy                                     
       Telephone (primary)    : 613-995-4024        
       Telephone (secondary)  :                     
       Fax                    : 613-995-3215        
       E-mail                 : [email-masked]                              
     Secondary Contact
       Contact Name           : Peter Taylor                                    
       Telephone (primary)    : 613-992-2106        
       Telephone (secondary)  :                     
       Fax                    : 613-995-3215        
       E-mail                 : [email-masked]                   
     Additional Information   :                                                 
10.  Responsible Agency       : Same as 9. above.           
11.  More Information
     URL for More Information :                                                 
     Hardcopy on File           
       Site Map               : Y                                               
       Site Diagram           : Y                                               
       Horizon Mask           : Y                                               
       Monument Description   : Y                                               
       Site Pictures          : Y                                               
     Additional Information   :                                                 
     Antenna Graphics with Dimensions

             TurboRogue: AOAD/M_T                                               
                                                                                
                         -----                                                  
                     /     +     \                        <--  0.128  L2        
                    |      +      |                       <--  0.110  L1        
  +--------------------------------------------------+    <--  0.102  TCR       
  |                                                  |                          
  |                                                  |                          
  |                                                  |                          
  |                                                  |                          
+-+--------------------------------------------------+-+  <--  0.038            
+-------------------+-------------+--------------------+  <--  0.035  BCR       
                    |             |                                             
                    |             |                                             
                    +------x------+                       <--  0.000  ARP       
                                                                                
<--                      0.381                       -->                        
                                                                                
   ARP: Antenna Reference Point
   L1 : L1 Phase Center                   L2 : L2 Phase Center
   TCR: Top of Chokering                  BCR: Bottom of Chokering
12.  ACP Controllers          : NONE
13.  Power Sources            : NONE