Subject: [IGSMAIL-3699]: Changes in IERS Bulletin A website
From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:31:14 EST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      15 Jan 11:31:24 PST 2002      Message Number 3699
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray

Starting today, we are no longer providing separate comparisons of the
Earth orientation parameters from the IGS Analysis Centers as part of
the IERS Bulletin A procedures.  Our statistical reports now list only
those series which contribute to the combination (the IGS Final and Rapid
combinations are included), but not the individual Analysis Centers used
in the IGS combinations.  Also, plots of the EOP residuals for individual
ACs are no longer being updated and so there is no reason for ACs to
continue to send their time series to USNO.  Because of this change, the
Bulletin A statistic report is no longer being sent to IGS Reports,
although it continues to be available at our website.

These changes are being made in recognition of the changing relationship
of the IAG Services and to simplify maintenance of the Bulletin A.  The IGS
Analysis Center Coordinator now provides more comprehensive AC comparison
information at his website at <http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/acc.html>.  The
other Technique Services are in the process of developing similar
procedures.

--Jim

------------------------------------------------------------------------
IERS Bulletin A Web site                      http://maia.usno.navy.mil/