Subject: [IGSMAIL-3691]: USNO power restored, but ...
From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:36:10 EST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      13 Jan 09:38:37 PST 2002      Message Number 3691
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray

The work on the power distribution system at USNO was completed more
or less on schedule yesterday, 12 January 2002.  Access to the IERS
Bulletin A (at maia.usno.navy.mil) should be restored for all users,
effective at about 16:33 EST on 12 January.

However, a failure has occurred in part of our LAN, which affects
access to the computers used to produce solutions for the IGS Rapid
and Ultra-rapid combinations.  As a consequence, it will not be
possible for us to submit solutions until this problem is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this continuing problem may cause.

--Jim

=========================================================================
Jim Ray                                   e-mail: [email-masked]
U.S. Naval Observatory, EO Dept.          phone : +1-202-762-1444
3450 Massachusetts Avenue, NW             fax   : +1-202-762-1563
Washington, DC  20392-5420
=========================================================================