Subject: [IGSMAIL-3682]: Meteorological Instrumentation for GPS Networks
From: "Mustafa Yilmaz" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:16:36 -0800

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      10 Jan 15:17:08 PST 2002      Message Number 3682
******************************************************************************

Author: Mustafa Yilmaz, Paroscientific, Inc.

Dear Colleagues:
 
Paroscientific is the leading Meteorological instrumentation provider
for the IGS and SuomiNET networks.  The MET3 and MET3A Meteorological
Measurement Systems contain temperature and humidity sensors as well as
the Digiquartz® Barometric Pressure transducer that is recognized as a
field standard by the National Weather Service, the FAA, Government,
Military, and Research Institutions world wide.  The ultra-high
precision barometers provide the accuracy and stability needed for
precipitable water vapor calculations.  
 
Recently, new instrument status LEDs have been incorporated into the
MET3 and MET3A.  Details of this improvement can be found at our web
site at http://www.paroscientific.com/Meteorology.htm. 
 
The Paroscientific Meteorological Measurement Systems offer the
following advantages:

a. Integrated package - Barometric Pressure, Temperature and Humidity in
one unit

b. Environmental enclosure - Designed for outdoors use with mounting
hardware included

c. Simple installation - True “plug and play”

d. Pressure accuracy better than ± 0.08 hPa - Resolution better than one
microbar

e. The fan-aspirated MET3A has temperature accuracy better then 0.1
degree C, fast humidity response time, and a windtunnel-proven pressure
port that reduces wind-induced pressure effects to less than 0.1 hPa
under strong winds (40 knots)

f. NEW Instrument Status LED Indicators

g. The longest and most complete warranty in the industry- A 5 year
limited warranty on the pressure transducer, a free calibration, AND a
guarantee that the barometer will maintain a stability of at least 0.1
hPa per year for 3 years.

Other relevant links are:

a. MET3A Fan-Aspirated Meteorological Measurement System
http://www.paroscientific.com/met3a.htm

b. MET3 Meteorological Measurement System
http://www.paroscientific.com/met3.htm

c. MET3 and MET3A Data Sheet
http://www.paroscientific.com/pdf/MET.pdf

d. MET3 and MET3A Comparison Table
http://www.paroscientific.com/pdf/MetComparison.pdf

e. Comparison with Competing Products
http://www.paroscientific.com/suominet/compare.htm

f. Barometer Stability Report
http://www.paroscientific.com/11yeartest.htm

g. Installation Drawing for SuomiNET
http://www.paroscientific.com/pdf/mettogpsdrw.pdf

h. GPS Meteorology Application Note
http://www.paroscientific.com/gpsmet.htm
 
Please contact us if you have any questions or if we can be of further
assistance. We look forward to working with you to meet your
instrumentation requirements. 

Sincerely,
 
Paroscientific, Inc.
Tel: (425) 883-8700
Fax: (425) 867-5407
E-Mail: [email-masked]
Web: www.paroscientific.com

Click below to subscribe to Paroscientific DigiNews E-Letter
http://www.paroscientific.com/e-letter.asp