Subject: [IGSMAIL-3677]: "Farewell" from David Jefferson
From: David C Jefferson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:17:51 -0800 (PST)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      08 Jan 14:18:20 PST 2002      Message Number 3677
******************************************************************************

Author: David C. Jefferson

Dear Colleagues and friends,

Apologies to anyone who receives this message in error or multiple copies.

Happy New Year to all; I hope this note finds everyone well in 2002.  As
some of you already may know, I am leaving my position with JPL's Tracking
Systems and Applications Section (335) in a few weeks.  The past 10 years as
a member of the JPL IGS Analysis Center and FLINN Team have been an invaluably
educational and rewarding experience, and I have been privileged to work
with such outstanding people here at JPL, in the U.S., and internationally
as well.  It has been remarkable to see and be a part of the growth of
global GPS research, accuracy, and precision over this time.

Beginning February 4, I will be embarking on a new path with our Navigation
and Mission Design Section (312), initially being involved in Mars Mission
Operations.  The difficult decision to change assignments took much
consideration, as I am of course attached to my current co-workers and
geodetic tasks.  However, I am looking forward to the opportunities and
challenges the new position will bring.

I'd like to thank my fellow FLINN Team/AC members past and present for all
of their time and talents, as well as the members of the IGS Central Bureau
and Network Operations Groups for all of their support.  And of course thanks
goes to all of the folks who kept me busy with those special orbit and software
requests - my e-mail box won't be the same without them!

Again, I have thoroughly enjoyed working with you all.  Please feel free
to remain touch; my work phone number will remain the same (818-354-0289),
and I can always be reached at my generalized JPL e-mail address
([email-masked]).  I wish everyone the best in their own
professional and personal endeavors now and in the years to come.

Warmest regards,
David