Subject: [IGSMAIL-3674]: updated <P1-C1> biases and cc2noncc
From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 9:02:18 EST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      08 Jan 06:02:24 PST 2002      Message Number 3674
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray

Updated values for the <P1-C1> satellite biases are now available and
recommended for use by all IGS Analysis Centers and users of IGS clock
products, beginning with data collected starting 20 Jan 2002 (GPS week
1150):

      average <P1-C1> biases (ns) in PRN order:

      data bias /  0.377d0, -0.611d0,  0.343d0,  1.109d0, -0.738d0,     PRN01-05
     +             0.329d0, -0.557d0, -0.061d0,  0.172d0, -1.226d0,     PRN06-10
     +             0.229d0, -9.999d9,  1.519d0, -0.279d0, -0.751d0,     PRN11-15
     +            -9.999d9, -0.722d0, -0.666d0, -9.999d9, -0.953d0,     PRN16-20
     +            -0.088d0, -0.626d0, -1.308d0,  0.167d0,  0.791d0,     PRN21-25
     +             0.888d0,  0.367d0, -0.217d0,  0.760d0,  2.015d0,     PRN26-30
     +            -0.261d0, -9.999d9, -9.999d9, -9.999d9, -9.999d9,     PRN31-35
     +            -9.999d9, -9.999d9, -9.999d9, -9.999d9, -9.999d9  /   PRN36-40

As with the previous set of biases (IGS Mail #3220, 05 Mar 2001), these
are based on monthly averages for the bias parameters estimated by the CODE
Analysis Center (see IGS Mail #3212, 23 Feb 2001, by Stefan Schaer).  They
used data collected during Nov 2001.

Compared with the previous set of <P1-C1> biases, the values have changed by
the following amounts (picoseconds!):

           338      -142       239      -546      -104        PRN01-05
          -352      -365       248      -145      -223        PRN06-10
           390         -       143       112      -513        PRN11-15
             -       -27      -424         -       161        PRN16-20
            88      1038      -275      -541       418        PRN21-25
          -134       244       106       249       394        PRN26-30
           165                                                PRN31-35

PRN19 was decommissioned on 11 Sept 2001.

The RINEX converter utility, cc2noncc, has been updated accordingly.  This
utility can be used to transform AOA TurboRogue, AOA ICS-4000Z, Trimble 4000,
Trimble 4700, and Trimble 5700 RINEX files to be compatible with modern
receiver types.  Thanks to Stefan Schaer for pointing out the new Trimble
5700 receiver type (currently used only at NOUM).  The Fortran code is
available at ftp://maia.usno.navy.mil/pub/biases/cc2noncc.f
(version 2.4, 02 Jan 2002).

--Jim Ray