Subject: [IGSMAIL-367] Operations change at GODE (Goddard)
From: T. Clark
Date: 8 NOV 1993 09:58:24

IGS Electronic Mail        8-NOV-1993 09:58:24       Message Number 367
***********************************************************************

From:   T. Clark
Subj:	Operations change at GODE (Goddard)
-------------------------------------------

Discussions at and following the IGS Operations Workshop between Miranda
Chin, Steve Dinardo and I led to the decision to make change in the data
download and control of the TurboRogue at the GODE pier at the Goddard
Geophysical & Astronomical Observatory (GGAO). Since last spring GODE
had been included in the CIGNET list, but it was decided to have the
operations control transferred to the JPL/FLINN operation.

This change-over was accomplished at about 16:00 UTC on November 5 by
Steve Dinardo (at the JPL end) and Chuck Kodak & me (at the GGAO end).
At present the access is by dial-up modem (Trailblazer) but we hope to
change the access to Internet RSN (Real! Soon! Now!) as soon as the GGAO
Internet connection is working and as soon as some minor tweaks are make
to the TurboRogue firmware.

Thanks to Miranda and all the NOAA group for their dilligence in handling
the care and feeding of GODE over these past few months.

Regards, Tom Clark