Subject: [IGSMAIL-3656]: Rescheduled IGS Workshop - New Date
From: Pierre Tetreault <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (IGSMailbox)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 19:27:03 GMT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      21 Dec 11:27:08 PST 2001      Message Number 3656
******************************************************************************

Author: NRCan / P. Tetreault

              FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT FOR RESCHEDULED WORKSHOP
                         
                         2002  IGS  Workshop
                         "Towards Real-Time"

                           April 8-11, 2002

                           Ottawa,  Canada

 ***************************************************************************
 IGS 2002 Workshop Web Site: www2.geod.nrcan.gc.ca/~pierre/igs_workshop.html
 ***************************************************************************

The Ottawa IGS Workshop that was to take place October 15-18, 2001 has now been 
rescheduled for April 8-11, 2002.  

Since we will essentially keep to same program and format as previously planned,
I am repeating here for your convenience the original First Announcement.

Hoping that all of you who had registered for the October workshop will also
plan to attend the rescheduled event.

Pierre Tetreault

Natural Resources Canada
Geodetic Survey Division
Ottawa, Canada
e-mail: [email-masked]
phone: 613-992-2218

                   ******************************
		          Accommodations
                   ******************************
                        Courtyard Marriott 
                     Ottawa, 350 Dalhousie St.
                   ******************************

            $145 Cdn per night plus applicable taxes and
            parking. A limited block of rooms have been
            reserved under the group name "IGS" for
            April 7 to 11 inclusive, and must be
            booked by March 7th, 2002.

            Phone number for reservations:     1-613-241-1000
            Fax number:                        1-613-241-4804
	    Booking Manager (Melanie Lalonde): 1-613-241-1000 Ext. 505

******************************************************************************
                     Original First Announcement
******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      17 Apr 11:33:18 PDT 2001      Message Number 3286
******************************************************************************

Author: NRCan / P. Tetreault

                         FIRST  ANNOUNCEMENT
                         2001  IGS  Workshop
                         "Towards Real-Time"

                         October 15-18, 2001

                           Ottawa,  Canada

Recent discussions amongst the IGS membership have accentuated the need for an
all-components workshop to address current and future IGS challenges. As
authorized by the IGS Governing Board, Natural Resources Canada will host a
combined IGS Network, Data and Analysis Center Workshop in Canada's national
capital under the theme "Towards Real-Time".  In addition to the planning
needed to strengthen and improve the current Service, the agenda will also
focus on the requirements and steps needed to develop a real-time component
of the IGS.

The workshop program is aimed at members of agencies contributing to IGS as
Operational, Data or Analysis Centers and associated working groups and pilot
projects who are interested in moving IGS activities "Towards Real-Time".

This message is being sent to allow advance travel planning for those who might
be interested in contributing to the workshop.

Further program information will follow shortly.

The meeting will take place at the Courtyard Marriott in Ottawa.  Additional
registration and accommodation information will also be distributed in the next
while.

--

Geodetic Survey of Canada
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Internet: [email-masked]