Subject: [IGSMAIL-362] IGS DATA TRANSFER DELAYS
From: George Preiss
Date: 29 OCT 1993 18:45:39

IGS Electronic Mail       29-OCT-1993 18:45:39       Message Number 362
***********************************************************************

From: George Preiss
Subj: IGS DATA TRANSFER DELAYS
-------------------------------
Dated: (UTC) 12:55  29/10/93

My reference: E206/93

*** Please quote my reference in replies ***

To: IGSMAIL

IGS DATA TRANSFER DELAYS

1. We are informed by METSAHOVI (by telefax dated 28 October) that they are
   out of contact due to telephone cable problems.
   They are now (12:42  29/10/93) reconnected and we will attempt to download
   and transmit yesterday's data immediately.

2. All telephone numbers in the area of North Norway and Spitzbergen were
   changed yesterday to new 8-digit numbers. Our automatic download routine
   at 0000 UTC this morning therefore failed! Data from Tromso and Ny Alesund
   has now been forwarded.

3. We are having difficulty downloading data from Onsala, and have no
   explanation at this time.

Regards,

George

===========================================================================
George Preiss                                
-------------                                               

Geodetic Institute              Voice:       +47-32118393
Norwegian Mapping Authority     Switchboard: +47-32118100
(Statens Kartverk)              Telefax:     +47-32118101
Kartverksveien                  Telex:       79636 KARTV-N
N-3500 HONEFOSS                 E-Mail:      [email-masked]
Norway                          Home:        +47-32142667   
                                    
Local Time:                     UTC plus 1 hour (winter)
                                UTC plus 2 hours (summer)

Normal Office Hours:            0800 to 1600 hours local
===========================================================================