Subject: [IGSMAIL-3596]: U Berne connection problem
From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 19:16:37 EST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      17 Nov 16:16:40 PST 2001      Message Number 3596
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray

To:  Colleagues in Switzerland

There seems to be a problem that prevents our making internet connections
from nodes at UNSO to the University of Berne.  Specifically, we are not
able to make ftp connections to ftp.unibe.ch = 130.92.6.40 nor to exchange
e-mail.  We do not seem to have connection problems with other destinations
and I have noticed that the Unibe node has been making ftp connections
with our server.

Today I have spent a lot of time on the phone with various internet
operations groups at NASA -- our connection goes thru GSFC.  They can see
that we have a problem but it seems to be due to a router in Switzerland
and we have no way to contact the operators there.

This problem has stalled all our GPS and Bulletin A operations for
the duration.  It seems to have started sometime Friday nite, 16 Nov.
Any assistance that can be provided by our Swiss colleagues would be
appreciated.

--Jim