Subject: [IGSMAIL-3521]: Automatic ocean loading provider
From: Hans-Georg Scherneck <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:02:51 +0000

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      12 Sep 06:02:58 PDT 2001      Message Number 3521
******************************************************************************

Author: Scherneck/Bos

Dear colleague,
We have the pleasure to announce the availablilty of an automatic ocean loading
provider on the internet.

http://www.oso.chalmers.se/~loading

You can select between 11 different ocean models and between the components
vertical displacement, horizontal displacement, and gravity. The software uses
recursive regional refinement of coastlines. You get the loading parameters for
11 partial tide waves in the familiar blq-format. The software behind it draws
from existing programs at Chalmers/Onsala Space Observatory, but extends their
previous capabilities a substantial step further.

The creation of the service has been a collaborative effort between Machiel S.
Bos, now at Delft University of Technology, and Hans-Georg Scherneck,
Chalmers/Onsala Space Observatory.

Documents are in progress.

With best regards
yours

Hans-Georg Scherneck and Machiel Simon Bos
Onsala / Delft, Sep 12, 2001

--
                                                             -----
With best regards yours                                    /   A   \
Hans-Georg                                                |   / \   |
---------------------+----------------------------------   \       /
Telephone:           | Hans-Georg Scherneck                  -----
 +46 31 772 5556     | Onsala Space Observatory               | |
Telefax:             | Chalmers University of Technology     /   \
 +46 31 772 5590     | S-439 92  Onsala, Sweden         ----------------
E-Mail:              | ftp://gere.oso.chalmers.se/pub   /===\ ,===//===\
 [email-masked] | http://www.oso.chalmers.se/~hgs//    /`===,/    /
---------------------+-------------------------------- \===//===' \===/