Subject: [IGSMAIL-352] Increased On-Line Availability of GPS Data
From: CDDIS/Carey Noll
Date: 22 OCT 1993 16:20:39

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       22-OCT-1993 16:20:39       Message Number 352
***********************************************************************

From:     CDDIS/Carey Noll
Subject:  Increased On-Line Availability of GPS Data

To:       IGS User Community
----------------------------------------------------

The CDDIS was recently augmented with four additional magnetic disk drives 
totalling ten Gbytes in size.  The on-line GPS tracking data archive, 
previously stored on two magneto-optical disks, has been moved to one of these
new disk drives.  The amount of data available on-line at one time has thus
increased from approximately 24 days to 75 days.  A second drive may also be
used for the GPS data in the future.  Operationally, the GPS1 designator now
points to this new disk.  GPS2 is also pointing to this new disk location to
avoid disruption in automated user routines.  The old definitions of GPS1 and
GPS2 (the two optical disks) will be renamed GPS4 and GPS5 and will be used
for archiving of the GPS data as well as special requests.  Please contact
the CDDIS staff concerning any problems or questions on the new configuration.