Subject: [IGSMAIL-339] GODE Oscillator Change 9/16
From: Tom Clark
Date: 17 SEP 1993 08:47:51

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       17-SEP-1993 08:47:51       Message Number 339
***********************************************************************

From: Tom Clark 
Subj: GODE Oscillator Change 9/16
---------------------------------

From about 14:00 to 14:20 UTC today (16 Sept) the data from the GODE
site at Goddard was interrupted.

During that time, I changed the Turbo Rogue reference frequency input
from the internal crystal oscillator to the VLBI hydrogen maser. The
receiver had been operating on its internal oscillator for several
months and the GODE Turbo Rogue lacks the clock steering option. So
you should see the clock offset drift for GODE drop significantly.

At the same time, I changed the radome covering the Dorn-Margolin
antenna from a fibreglass "dunce cap" to a hemispheric plexiglas
unit. Thanks to Steve Dinardo at JPL for sending the new radome!

Tom Clark