Subject: [IGSMAIL-3385]: GODE antenna maintenance
From: "Kodak, Charles" <[email-masked]>
To: IGSMAIL <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dave Stowers <[email-masked]>, "Clark, Tom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:14:40 -0400

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      15 Jun 12:43:56 PDT 2001      Message Number 3385
******************************************************************************

Author: Charles A. Kodak

The GPS antenna known as GODE at the Goddard Optical Research Facility
(GORF) will be removed from service from approximately 1600 UT until 2000 UT
today (01 June 2001).  During the outage the survey team will complete
survey measurements of the GODE monument.  

Dr Tom Clark will be visiting the site this afternoon and will be watching
as we replace the GODE antenna (Sn.129) with antenna (Sn. 982) which has
been  modified to include a replacement amplifier having approximately 2dB
better NF.   Once  the system is returned to service we will post a message
with details.  

Charles A. Kodak
VLBI Supervisor, SLR/VLBI 
Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc.
7515 Mission Drive
Lanham, MD 20706
USA

Voice:             (301)805-3968
Fax:               (301)805-3974
Pager:            (888)986-4111
E-mail:           [email-masked]
Pager e-mail:  [email-masked]