Subject: [IGSMAIL-3346]: John Bosworth's Retirement Dinner
From: John Degnan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] (Diane Elben), [email-masked] (Mickie Cooper)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 10:23:48 -0400

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      24 May 09:21:39 PDT 2001      Message Number 3346
******************************************************************************

Author: John Degnan

I am using three email exploders which may have overlapping entries so 
please forgive me if you receive more than one copy of this announcement.

As many of you may have already heard, Mr. John Bosworth will be retiring 
from the NASA  Goddard Space Flight Center after nearly 40 years of 
government service to work in private industry.

John has had a long and successful career at Goddard, but most of you know 
him through the work he has done on behalf of space geodesy - first as 
Deputy Manager under Bob Coates, and then later as Manager, of NASA's 
Crustal Dynamics Project. Following the termination of CDP, he retained 
primary responsibility for the management of NASA's SLR and VLBI networks 
and has served as head of the CSTG Sites Subcommission and as Director of 
the ILRS Central Bureau.

There will be a retirement party for John at a restaurant near GSFC on the 
evening of Tuesday, June 12 at 5pm . A flyer about the party can be 
accessed as a PDF file via the Web at:

http://cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov/jmbpty.pdf

If you happen to be in the Washington DC metropolitan area and would like 
to attend, please call one of the numbers on the flyer to reserve your 
place. Please indicate when you call whether you wish to say a few words 
concerning John's career and contributions. If you cannot attend (because 
of schedule, geography, or whatever) but would like to have a  few words 
said on your behalf at the retirement dinner, please send them to me at 
this email address. Please be brief. A paragraph is sufficient.

John has worked hard over the last 20 years to build and maintain a viable 
space geodetic network in support of a multitude of Earth science 
applications. We wish him well in his retirement.

Dr. John J. Degnan
Head, Geoscience Technology Office, Code 920.3
Laboratory for Terrestrial Physics
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt, MD 20771 USA
Phone: 1-301-614-5860
Fax: 1-301-614-5970
Email: [email-masked]

Thought for the Day: It is well documented that for every mile that you 
jog, you add one minute to your life. This enables you, at age 85, to spend 
an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month.