Subject: [IGSMAIL-333] Network outage at SIO
From: K. Stark
Date: 9 SEP 1993 08:48:33

IGS Electronic Mail        9-SEP-1993 08:48:33       Message Number 333
***********************************************************************

From: K. Stark
Subj: Network outage at SIO

The network here at SIO / IGPP will be upgraded on the morning of 
Sep. 13.  This will cause the network to be unreachable from 9AM
local time for the rest of the morning.  It is conceivable that 
this upgrade may cause problems for a longer period, but we are hoping
that this first stage of the upgrade will go smoothly.

Also, this upgrade will make it necessary for all of the machines
on our network to undergo a change to their IP addresses.  We have
not yet been notified what this new number will be.  It is recommended
that all references to the machine toba (132.239.13.12) be changed to
reflect the actual name of the machine (toba.ucsd.edu) instead of the
IP number if at all possible.  We expect that this change will take
place in the next 10-14 days.  We will notify you of the new number
as soon as we have it.

Keith Stark
[email-masked]