Subject: [IGSMAIL-3302]: New station, LAE1, in Papua New Guinea
From: Paul Tregoning <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:46:54 +1000 (EST)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      30 Apr 08:49:55 PDT 2001      Message Number 3302
******************************************************************************

Author: Paul Tregoning

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce a new IGS site, LAE1, in Papua New Guinea. The site 
is located at the Papua New Guinea University of Technology, Lae, and infills 
a gap in the IGS network in the western Pacific region.

The site is operated by the Department of Surveying and Land Studies, UNITECH,
and is running an Ashtech Z-XII3 with chokering antenna (no radome). We thank
Unitech for operating the equipment and collaborators at University of 
California, Santa Cruz, whose GPS receiver is currently running at LAE1.

The site commenced continuous operation in July 1997; however, it is only 
since November 2000 that we have had direct access to the data via an internet 
connection. Thanks go to Bob Curley and Sudarsan Joshi (Unitech) and Richard 
Stanaway (Australian National University) for instigating the autonomous 
downloading procedures.

We are currently sending both daily and hourly files to cddis and a site log
has been sent to IGS. Also, daily data files from 1 January, 2001 have been 
forwarded to cddis. Site photographs can be viewed at 
http://rses.anu.edu.au/external/unitech/  (under PNG Geodesy)

and a time series of data analysed to date is available at 
http://rses.anu.edu.au/geodynamics/gps/png/lae1.gif

We encourage users to take advantage of the data being made available. 

Kind regards,
--Paul

-----------------------------------------------------

 Paul Tregoning
 Geodynamics Group
 Research School of Earth Sciences
 Australian National University 
 Canberra
 ACT 0200
 Australia
 
 Ph    : +61 2 6125 5510
 Fax   : +61 2 6125 5443
 email : [email-masked]

-----------------------------------------------------