Subject: [IGSMAIL-3286]: 2001 IGS Workshop / First Announcement
From: Pierre Tetreault <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:32:42 GMT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      17 Apr 11:33:18 PDT 2001      Message Number 3286
******************************************************************************

Author: NRCan / P. Tetreault

                         FIRST  ANNOUNCEMENT
                         2001  IGS  Workshop
                         "Towards Real-Time"

                         October 15-18, 2001

                           Ottawa,  Canada

Recent discussions amongst the IGS membership have accentuated the need for an 
all-components workshop to address current and future IGS challenges. As 
authorized by the IGS Governing Board, Natural Resources Canada will host a 
combined IGS Network, Data and Analysis Center Workshop in Canada's national 
capital under the theme "Towards Real-Time".  In addition to the planning 
needed to strengthen and improve the current Service, the agenda will also 
focus on the requirements and steps needed to develop a real-time component 
of the IGS.  

The workshop program is aimed at members of agencies contributing to IGS as 
Operational, Data or Analysis Centers and associated working groups and pilot 
projects who are interested in moving IGS activities "Towards Real-Time". 

This message is being sent to allow advance travel planning for those who might
be interested in contributing to the workshop. 

Further program information will follow shortly.

The meeting will take place at the Courtyard Marriott in Ottawa.  Additional 
registration and accommodation information will also be distributed in the next
while.

Please contact Pierre Tetreault or Francine Cloutier to be included in the 
e-mail list for further information at:  [email-masked] or 
[email-masked]
--

Geodetic Survey of Canada
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Internet: [email-masked]