Subject: [IGSMAIL-3252]: RA position available
From: Peter Clarke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:27:32 +0100 (BST)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      29 Mar 04:27:37 PST 2001      Message Number 3252
******************************************************************************

Author: P.J. Clarke
Subject: RA position available

[Apologies to those of you who receive this as members of more than one 
related list.  Please direct all correspondence to David Parker (details 
below).]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

DEPARTMENT OF GEOMATICS

RESEARCH ASSOCIATE

GPS DEFORMATION MONITORING FOR INDUSTRIAL AND GEOPHYSICAL APPLICATIONS

Applications are invited for the post of Research Associate.  The post 
can be held at either the Junior Associate level (RA1B) or Post-Doctoral
Associate level (RA1A).  The successful applicant will work on a series 
of commercial and research council funded projects.  The work will 
concentrate on the processing of GPS observations for the very precise 
determination of horizontal and vertical motions of the Earth's crust and 
structures on the Earth.  The position is available from 1 May 2001 for 
12 months in the first instance but with the expectation of extension.

Salary will be at an appropriate point on the RA1A salary scale,
£16,775-£18,731pa, or RA1B salary scale, £16,775-£25,213pa, according to
qualifications and experience.

Informal enquiries about the post should be made to Prof. David Parker,
Department of Geomatics, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, 
NE1 7RU, tel: 0191 222 6447, email: [email-masked].

Closing date for applications: 27 April 2001
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Dr Peter CLARKE, Department of Geomatics, University of Newcastle, NE1 7RU, UK
Tel:  +44 (0)191 222 6445 (dept) or 6351 (direct);   Fax:  +44 (0)191 222 8691
http://geomatics.ncl.ac.uk/    and    http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/peter.clarke/