Subject: [IGSMAIL-3218]: High-rate SolarMax IGS/GPS-campaign "HIRAC/SolarMax".
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:43:49 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      02 Mar 07:48:00 PST 2001      Message Number 3218
******************************************************************************

Author: Joachim Feltens
subject: High-rate SolarMax IGS/GPS-campaign "HIRAC/SolarMax".

Dr. Joachim Feltens                               Darmstadt, 2 March 2001
IGS Ionosphere Working Group Chairman
EDS at ESOC-FDD
Robert-Bosch-Strasse 5
D-64293 Darmstadt
GERMANY
e-mail: [email-masked]

Subject: High-rate SolarMax IGS/GPS-campaign "HIRAC/SolarMax".

Hallo Iono_WGlers, dear IGS colleagues,

in my IGSmail #3091 of 8 November 2000 I proposed, together with
Norbert Jakowski from DLR Neustrelitz, to organize a dedicated IGS
campaign for recording high-rate GPS dual-frequency data with the global
IGS net in order to observe the ionosphere's behavior during the current
solar maxium.

During the last months the campaign had to be organized, arrangements
and agreements between the ground stations, CDDIS and us had to be made.
Based on these efforts I have today the pleasure to announce that the
solar max campaign will now be during calendar week 17 from 23-27 April
2001. About 140 ground stations confirmed their participation! A ground
stations map and a stations list can be acquired at CDDIS under

ftp://cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/gps/01solarmax
                                               solarmax_map.pdf
                                               solarmax_table.pdf

So let's look forward to the last week of April and let's hope that
the Sun will then be quite active.

Best regards           Joachim Feltens