Subject: [IGSMAIL-3200]: [BULL-A] corrupt finals files
From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 15:44:43 EST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      02 Feb 12:44:47 PST 2001      Message Number 3200
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray

We have just learned that the long-term EOP series maintained here for
the IERS Rapid Service/Prediction Center have been corrupted.  These
series are a byproduct of the IERS Bulletin A process but the Bulletins
themselves are not affected.  The affected files are:

  ftp://maia.usno.navy.mil/ser7/finals.all  (data since 19 May 1976)
  ftp://maia.usno.navy.mil/ser7/finals.data (data since 01 Jan 1992)

The period in these files that was affected was between MJDs 50000 and
51600 (10 Oct 1995 to 26 Feb 2000) and the corrupt files were available
to the public since early November 2000.

The problem files were replaced at 18:25 UTC today.  If you are a user of
either of these files, particularly for the period between 1995 and 2000,
please retrieve an updated version.

I apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.
Sincerely yours,
--Jim Ray

------------------------------------------------------------------------
IERS Bulletin A Web site                      http://maia.usno.navy.mil/