Subject: [IGSMAIL-314] SIO GARNER archive
From: Y. Bock
Date: 14 AUG 1993 13:31:36

IGS Electronic Mail       14-AUG-1993 13:31:36       Message Number 314
***********************************************************************

From: Y. Bock
Subj: SIO GARNER archive
------------------------

Scripps Orbit and Permanent Array Center announces several developments to

(1) IGS users
(2) UNAVCO investigators
(3) GAMIT users

Submitted by: Yehuda Bock, Peng Fang & Keith Stark
              Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics (IGPP)
              Scripps Institution of Oceanography (SIO)
              La Jolla, CA 92093-0225 USA
              Date: August 12, 1993
              e-mail: bock[pfang,stark]@pgga.ucsd.edu
              fax: (619) 534-5332 (8090)
              geodesy lab tel: (619) 534-7692

Feedback from users is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated.

_________________________________________________________________________________
(1) We announce a restructuring of the Scripps GARNER archive as follows:

Access to SIO GARNER archive is as before:
 ftp toba.ucsd.edu (132.239.13.12)
 login: anonymous
 password: your name

There are now five directories:

   Directory    Contents
   ---------    --------

   products  : Scripps PGGA/IGS products by GPS week number
                Daily ephemeris files -- sp1&sp3 format
                Weekly summary files
                Weekly Earth orientation files
                Daily GAMIT g-files (satellite initial conditions)
                Weekly GLOBK output files
               This is a complete set starting at GPS week 0607
   raw       : Raw PGGA/IGS data for the last 25 days
   rinex     : PGGA/IGS RINEX data by day number, starting day 001 1993
   solutions : Scripps daily PGGA/IGS GAMIT solutions for 1993
               (1992 solutions will be archived shortly)
               This directory also contains clean RINEX data at 120s sampling rate
   archive   : RINEX data prior to 1993 stored as before under pgga & tracking
                directories and stored by site

Note: users of the GARNER archive will notice that the previous structure is
      currently intact under the archive directory.

Note: Station and antenna information can be found under:
      products/sites_antennas

The following files are included:

 a) station.info : history of site occupations at IGS and PGGA sites,
    including receiver codes, antenna codes & heights (see hisub.ftn),
    firmware versions, comments, etc.

 b) IGS mail #168 describing SIO coordinates

 c) pgga_921205.itrf91 : SIO ITRF91 station coordinates (reference frame) - old
    pgga_930612.itrf91 : SIO ITRF91 station coordinates (reference frame) - new

 d) hisub.ftn : Fortran subroutine that contains up-to-date list of antenna
    information, including antenna height conversions, phase center offsets, etc.

 e) PGGA station information files in IGS station information format

 f) relevant IGS mail messages

 g) other files as needed

Note: UNIX scripts for converting between [GPS week, day of week] & [year, day of year]
                              and between [Calendar date] & [year, day of year]
      can be found in products/utilities [named gweek & jday, respectively]

Note: Clean RINEX files have had data outliers removed and are cycle-slip free.
      That is, any combination of doubly-differenced data within this group
      of stations will be cycle-slip free. However, the undifferenced phase
      data may have undetected slips.

Direct problems to: [email-masked] 

 (2) SIO orbital products:

We have converted all our orbital products to sp3 format from GPS week 0606.
Still available is sp1 format.

For example for GPS week 0695:
_________________________________________________________________________________
filename               contents
_________________________________________________________________________________
sio06957.sum            weekly summary file.
sio06957.erp            Polar motion parameters for GPS week 0695.
sio0695[0-6].[sp1,sp3]  Daily ephemerides for GPS week 0695, SP1&SP3 formats.
                        [0=Sunday => 6=Saturday]
                        e.g., sio06952.sp1, sio06952.sp3
_________________________________________________________________________________