Subject: [IGSMAIL-3111]: EGS Session G08.3 "GPS/GLONASS/GALILEO/DORIS"
From: Markus Rothacher <[email-masked]>
To: IGSMAIL <[email-masked]>, IGLOSMAIL <[email-masked]>, SLRMAIL <[email-masked]>, SGGMAIL <[email-masked]>
Cc: Weber Robert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 19:18:55 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      22 Nov 10:18:55 PST 2000      Message Number 3111
******************************************************************************

Author: Markus Rothacher, Robert Weber

Dear Colleagues,

we would like to remind you of the EGS Session G08.3 taking place 
in Nice, France, March 26-30, 2001:

"Evolving Space Geodetic Techniques: GPS/GLONASS/GALILEO,DORIS".

You are kindly invited to contribute to this session. The session
description
is given below. The deadline for submission of abstracts is

                    DECEMBER 1, 2000.

All necessary information may be found at

     http://www.copernicus.org/EGS/egsga/nice01/nice01.htm

Looking forward to seeing you in Nice.

With best regards,
                            Markus Rothacher
                            Robert Weber

PS: Please apologize, that you might get multiple copies of this
message.

--------------------------------------------------
Session G8.03: "Evolving space geodesy techniques: 
                GPS/GLONASS/GALILEO,DORIS"
--------------------------------------------------

Satellite systems based on microwave signals like GPS, GLONASS and DORIS
(supplemented by GALILEO in the future) play a very important role in
space geodesy already now and the impact of these observation techniques
on various fields of geodesy is still rapidly growing.
In this session we would like to focus on new developments and
improvements concerning the analysis as well as the technical aspects of
all
these microwave satellite techniques. We invite you to contribute to
this
session
with studies and results documenting the progress made in the estimation
of regional and global geodetic parameters, atmospheric modelling
(ionosphere and
troposphere), orbit determination (including low Earth orbiting
satellites),
and the mitigation of common and individual error sources.
Contributions comparing or combining these microwave satellite
techniques
and discussing the synergies to be gained from such a combination
are very welcome, too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prof. Dr. Markus Rothacher                   Phone : ++49-89-289-23191
Forschungseinrichtung Satellitengeodaesie    Fax   : ++49-89-289-23178
Technische Universitaet Muenchen             E-mail:
[email-masked]
Arcisstrasse 21
D-80290 Muenchen / Germany