Subject: [IGSMAIL-3109]: EGS2001 Symposium G08.2 on "Evolving space geodesy techniques: Laser technology"
From: "Dr. Erricos C. Pavlis" <[email-masked]>
To: "Dr. Erricos C. Pavlis" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:15:36 -0500

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      21 Nov 14:31:28 PST 2000      Message Number 3109
******************************************************************************

Author: "Dr. Erricos C. Pavlis"

Apologies for receiving multiple copies of this message.

******************************************************************
*                         CALL FOR PAPERS                        *
******************************************************************

                    EUROPEAN GEOPHYSICAL SOCIETY

                       26th GENERAL ASSEMBLY

                 NICE, FRANCE,  26 - 30 March 2001

******************************************************************
*  THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTAL OF ABSTRACTS IS 1 DECEMBER 2000.  *
******************************************************************

Dear Colleague,

This is a reminder of our call for papers for the EGS 2001 Symposium
entitled:

G08 Evolving space geodesy techniques:
  sub-Symposium  02    Laser technology (SLR, LLR, etc.)
(co-sponsored by GI)

Following last year's successful format, we again convene a symposium
dedicated to the evolving Laser technology and its contributions to the
geosciences. We seek contributions that describe the advances in this
technology and the areas it expanded its applications in. Presentations
on the improvement of the internal precision as well as the accuracy of
the measurements, especially in new applications (e.g. two-color
ranging), are most welcome. We solicit contributions from Satellite and
Lunar ranging, to remote sensing applications (airborne and
spaceborne), laser gyro technology, advanced geopotential mapping
concepts, atmospheric sounding, communications, applications in
theoretical physics tests, etc.

For detailed information on the compilation and submission of
the abstracts, invitation letters (if required), forms
for pre-registration and hotel reservation, application
forms for support awards, guidelines for your presentation,
etc., please consult the web page of EGS under the URL:

  http://www.copernicus.org/EGS/EGS.html

Abstracts should be sent either electronically or as a hard
copy to the EGS office and the conveners of the Sub-symposia.
Also, please pass-on this message to any colleagues that might be
interested and missing from our mailing list.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Nice!

Sincerely yours,

E. C. Pavlis
U. Schreiber               

Conveners

Addresses of the Convenors of the G08.2 symposium to whom you
should send your abstracts:

Prof. Erricos C. Pavlis
Joint Center for Earth Systems Technology
The University of Maryland Baltimore County and
Space Geodesy Branch, Code 926
NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt, Maryland 20771, USA

Phone:  +1 301 6146119
Fax:    +1 301 6146099
e-mail:  [email-masked]

Dr. Ulrich Schreiber
Forschungseinrichtung Satellitengeodaesie
Fundamentalstation Wettzell
Sackenrieder Str. 25
D-93444 Koetzting
Germany

Tel: (49) 9941 603 113
Fax: (49) 9941 603 222
email: [email-masked]

-- 
  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  Dr. Erricos C. Pavlis			Phone:    (301) 614-6119
  Associate Research Professor         	FAX:      (301) 614-6099

  Joint Center for Earth Systems Technology, JCET/UMBC
  NASA  Goddard Space Flight Center
  Space Geodesy Branch, Code 926
  ESSB Bldg. 33, Rm G213
  Greenbelt, Maryland
  U S A    20771-0001          	   [email-masked]

  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++