Subject: [IGSMAIL-3080]: External freq. at HERS
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:16:11 -0400 (EDT)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      27 Oct 10:16:19 PDT 2000      Message Number 3080
******************************************************************************

Author: Mikhail Kogan

Dear colleagues,

Regarding IGSMAIL-3076 and 3078 on the change of setting of the Z12 receiver 
with the external frequency at station HERS.

*************************************************************************
* Our recommendation for the setting of CLOCK STEERING                  * 
* is  "N" (No)                                                          * 
* if the external frequency standard is connected to your Z12 receiver. *
* This was clearly stated in the IGSMAIL-3071 of Dr. J. Ray             *
*************************************************************************

If you use Z12 _without_ external frequency, you may safely set 
CLOCK STEERING to "Y" (Yes). The stability of the internal receiver clock 
will not improve but the constant drift will be diminished. We mentioned 
(IGSMAIL-3071) that this is the factory default in the sense that 
you get this setting after you load the firmware CD00 into the Z12.

Regards,
- Mikhail Kogan

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/                                                                        _/
_/ Mikhail G. Kogan                                                       _/
_/ Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory    E-mail   : [email-masked] _/
_/ P.O. Box 1000 / 61, Route 9W        Telephone: 914-365-8882            _/
_/ Palisades, NY 10964 USA             Fax      : 914-365-8150            _/
_/                                                                        _/
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/