Subject: [IGSMAIL-3038]: USNO data gap
From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:35:32 EDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      27 Sep 14:35:34 PDT 2000      Message Number 3038
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray (forwarder)

Problems with the USNO flashcard caused a loss of data for the 
period from 15 September (doy 259) through 19 September (doy 263) until
about 16:00 UTC.  Details are given in the attached message.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:14:33 -0400
From: "Frank E Marion" <[email-masked]>
Subject: USNO update

Update on USNO:

I checked the network at USNO and it's now working -

1.Checked PC for data and no data in the C:\Gpsdata dir
2. Tried to check flash card and would not update  Error: (DMGR: out of 
heap)
3. performed an "bang" and system hung-up ( had Paul power off and back 
on) still could not read
4. performed an "go" on receiver and tried again to read the flash card 
and could not
5. performed an "erase" on the flash card and reset receiver settings 
and started tracking
6. let track for about 10 min. and system looks OK and can now read the 
flash card
7. no data from days 259 thru 263 at about 16:00 utc.

-Ernie