Subject: [IGSMAIL-297] JPL Products Delay
From: J.F.Zumberge
Date: 31 JUL 1993 11:40:23

IGS Electronic Mail       31-JUL-1993 11:40:23       Message Number 297
***********************************************************************

From: J.F.Zumberge
Subj: JPL Products Delay
------------------------

The delay between the availability of global network data and IGS
product submission by the JPL Analysis Center is significantly larger
than we would like.

The steadily increasing number of stations in the network, as well as
the increase in the size of the GPS constellation, has slowly but
steadily increased our computational burden.  We have recently acquired
an additional workstation, as well as cpu upgrades to two existing
workstations, resulting in more than a 3x increase in computing
resources.  The corresponding benefits have been delayed, however,
because of (i) software upgrades required in advance of the cpu upgrades
and (ii) the use of the new workstation for a Gipsy/Oasis-II training
course given earlier this month.  We are currently in the process of
installing the upgrades.

As far as the processing, our goal is to "catch up" within four to six
weeks.  Early in September, then, we hope to be on a schedule where
products submitted every, say, Thursday, correspond to data acquired
during the GPS week which ended the previous Saturday.

We appreciate your patience during this period.

                                     Sincerely,

                                     James F. Zumberge
                                     JPL IGS Analysis Center