Subject: [IGSMAIL-2931]: Problems at NTUS
From: Boudewijn Ambrosius <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:30:05 +0200 (MET)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      18 Jul 08:30:08 PDT 2000      Message Number 2931
******************************************************************************

Author: Boudewijn Ambrosius & Danny van Loon (DEOS/DUT)

As you may have noticed, the data flow from station NTUS (Singapore) 
has been interrupted since day 188. The reason is that the receiver
stopped tracking without any obvious reason around 6:00 UT that day.

The problem is under investigation, but at this moment it is unclear 
what the root cause may be. The receiver reports that it is unable to 
lock on any satellite. If it turns out that the antenna or the receiver
itself is at fault, we will need to ship replacement equipment. At this
moment, we do not have a spare receiver available. This could mean that
the outage may last for a couple of weeks. We will try to return the 
station back in operation as soon as possible. Of course, we regret 
this situation and we apologize for the inconvenience it may cause.

Boudewijn and Danny