Subject: [IGSMAIL-2930]: USNO job openings
From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:29:27 EDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      18 Jul 07:29:21 PDT 2000      Message Number 2930
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray

The U.S. Naval Observatory (USNO) has several job vacancies for which
suitable candidates are sought.  A generic position announcement
(# HRSCC-00-0507) opens 18 July 2000 and closes 29 September 2000, with
candidate selections considered every two weeks.  The announcement
encompasses astronomer positions from the GS-12 level through the GS-15
level, both supervisory and non-supervisory, and is open to all U.S.
citizens.

Within the USNO's Earth Orientation Department, two positions are being
filled:

GS-12 Astronomer (annual salary range of $51,204-$66,564) -- Primarily
involved with GPS data analysis in support of a variety of IGS-related
activities; also assists with efforts to improve GPS analysis methods,
with VLBI data analysis, and with other programs related to Earth
orientation determinations.

GS-13/14 Astronomer (annual salary range of $60,890-$93,537) -- Leader
of VLBI data analysis effort, responsible for planning observations,
organizing VLBI analysis procedures, investigations into improved
methods, and other related research.

For further information, please refer to either of these sites:

  http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/wfjic/jobs/IM3863.HTM
  https://204.222.158.20/vacancy/vac_preview3_N1.cfm?vac_id=25858

[My apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message.]