Subject: [IGSMAIL-293] A Reminder
From: G. Beutler
Date: 22 JUL 1993 09:28:43

IGS Electronic Mail       22-JUL-1993 09:28:43       Message Number 293
***********************************************************************

From: G. Beutler
Subj: A Reminder
----------------

We are now in the 14-th month of routine IGS operations and it may be said
that the overall performance is excellent in all domains (data collection,
data transfer, analysis, and result availability).  It was brought to my
attention that recently several (independent) problems concerning
communications and/or data production/dissemination in the IGS network seem
to occur and to start influencing the timeliness of the analyses; the IGS
message No 288 by B.  Ambrosius points into the same direction.  IGS Message No
No 292, issued by Ruth Neilan, lists the immediate actions and the plans for 
the future.

Let me remind everybody that the core data should be available at the IGS
Global Data Centers

   ****  NOT LATER THAN THREE DAYS AFTER DATA COLLECTION ****.

Otherwise the processing centers might have to exclude late stations from
processing, which should be avoided if somehow possible.  This statement by
the way is also valid during holiday periods.  We should keep in mind that
at present we are in the IGS Pilot phase where quality and reliability on
each level ar our goals.

Let me conclude this reminder by thanking all people involved in the daily
IGS routine.  We exactly know that without the dedication of station
managers, data center responsibles, and analysis center representatives IGS
never would be successful.

With kind regards I remain

                                                  Yours sincerely

                                                  Gerhard Beutler