Subject: [IGSMAIL-291] JPL Processing Center Advisory
From: Dave Starr
Date: 22 JUL 1993 08:34:33

IGS Electronic Mail       22-JUL-1993 08:34:33       Message Number 291
***********************************************************************

From: Dave Starr
Subj: JPL Processing Center Advisory
------------------------------------

Over the weekend software maintance was preformed on the VAX cluster
here at JPL. When the cluster was rebooted the node that was used for
the processing of the JPL data set refused to boot. As we are in the
process of upgrading our processing facility, we have accelerated that
schedule somewhat. The fallout of this is that the transfer of the data
processing at JPL from the old machines to the new machine will not be
as smooth and seamless as we had hoped.

There will be changes in some of the services available through our
gateway, BODHI. We hope to keep these changes to a minimum. Most of the
changes will affect those of you that deposit data onto our computers for
us and we will contact you directly with update instructions.

We apologize for any inconvience that the untimely demise of our central
processing node may cause.

Thank you.

- Dave

=======================================================================
W. Dave Starr                      Telephone:   (818) 354 7436
GPS Networks & Operations Group    FAX:         (818) 393 4965
Jet Propulsion Laboratory          Email:       [email-masked]
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, CA 91109
=======================================================================