Subject: [IGSMAIL-2907]: USNO firmware update
From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:56:05 EDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      29 Jun 08:55:32 PDT 2000      Message Number 2907
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray

The receiver firmware in the USNO station (AOA SNR-12 ACT, s/n 246-U)
was update today (29 June 2000 at 15:15 UTC) from version 3.3.32.3
to version 3.3.32.4 (field upgrade #12 compiled on 02 June 2000).

According to Jim Holston at AOA <[email-masked]>, this version
addresses "communications management issues we found when receiver-to-
computer communications are conducted using script files related to
communications programs such as ProComm.  Version 3.3.32.4 has been
optimized for use in such conditions."

We are hopeful that this update will greatly reduce the interruptions
in data collection that have occurred since the ACT receiver was
installed October 1999.  Since that time, the receiver has stopped
about once a week during the daily data offload process.

An update log file has been submitted to the IGS Central Bureau.

=========================================================================
Jim Ray                                   e-mail: [email-masked]
U.S. Naval Observatory, EO Dept.          phone : 202-762-1444
3450 Massachusetts Avenue, NW             fax   : 202-762-1563
Washington, DC  20392-5420
=========================================================================