Subject: [IGSMAIL-290] GPS NANUs in CANSPACE Archives
From: R. Langley
Date: 21 JUL 1993 16:20:15

IGS Electronic Mail       21-JUL-1993 16:20:15       Message Number 290
***********************************************************************

From: R. Langley
Subj: GPS NANUs in CANSPACE Archives
------------------------------------

Thanks to Francine Vannicola of the U.S. Naval Observatory, the DoD
Notice Advisories to Navstar Users (NANUs) issued since 16 November 1984
are now available in the CANSPACE file archives.  In the "pseudo-
directory" PUB.CANSPACE.GPS.NANUS, you will find two "directories"
(actually partitioned data sets):
  FULLTEXT
  SUBLINES
Within each directory, there is a separate file for each year, e.g.,
Y92.  The FULLTEXT files include the complete text of the NANUs whereas
SUBLINES just lists the subject lines for each NANU.  For years 1984,
1985, and 1986 there are no SUBLINES files presently available.  For
1993, only SUBLINES files are presently available.  They are called
Y93Q1 for the first quarter of the year and Y93Q2 for the second
quarter.  The full text file for 1993 will be added at the end of the
year.  In the meantime, the text of 1993 NANUs is available from the
CANSPACE message archives.
To access the CANSPACE file archives, anonymously ftp to
  unbmvs1.csd.unb.ca (131.202.1.2).
Immediately do a change directory to PUB.CANSPACE (there is no default
directory).
These NANU archives may be helpful in trying to identify problems when
re-processing old GPS data sets or in researching the development or
historical performance of GPS.

==============================================================================
 Richard B. Langley                        Internet: [email-masked] or [email-masked]
 Geodetic Research Laboratory              BITnet:   LANG@UNB or SE@UNB
 Dept. of Surveying Engineering            Phone:    (506) 453-5142
 University of New Brunswick               FAX:      (506) 453-4943
 Fredericton, N.B., Canada  E3B 5A3        Telex:    014-46202
==============================================================================