Subject: [IGSMAIL-2891]: GPS Receiver
From: "Oleg F. Tyrnov" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:46:45 +0300

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      16 Jun 10:43:04 PDT 2000      Message Number 2891
******************************************************************************

Author: Oleg F. Tyrnov

Subject: GPS Receiver

We have a facility, Radiophysical Observatory, willing to host a GPS
receiver.
The coordinates of the National Kharkiv V. Karazin University
Radiophysical Observatory are as follows:
Elevation 156 m,
Geographic Latitude 49 degree 38 min (N),
Geographic Longitude 36 degree 20 min (E),
Geomagnetic Latitude 45.37 degree (N),
Geomagnetic Longitude 118.7 degree (E),
Inclination 66 degree 36.8 min,
Declination 6 degree 19.6 min (W).

National Kharkiv V. Karazin University scientists have conducted
research on
LEO satellite-to-earth radio wave propagation since the first Sputnik.
To conduct space weather research, National Kharkiv V. Karazin
University
contains the School of Radio Physics including the Radiophysical
Observatory,
and to conduct geodetic research, it contains the School of Geography
and Geology.

A GPS receiver at this site could increase the value of our facility to
the
international and local scientific community,
both geodetic and ionospheric, by operating a GPS receiver on site.

For space weather research, the receiver will be clustered with other
remote sensing instruments on site (MF radar, spaced antenna drift
radar,
HF Doppler radar, LEO satellite-radio-beacon receivers, fluxgate
magnetometer
and two-component coil magnetometer, UHF receiver system, and
ionosonde).

Unfortunately, we cannot purchase such a GPS receiver,
but do have the infrastructure to operate it and
distribute the data to the IGS and other users.

Therefore, if any institute/organisation is willing to install a GPS
receiver
at our site, we do have the infrastructure to operate it and
distribute the data to the IGS and other users.

Regards

Dr. Oleg F. Tyrnov
Head,
Department of Space Radio Physics
School of Radio Physics
National Kharkiv V. Karazin University
4 Svoboda Square, Kharkiv, 61077 Ukraine
Tel: [38] 0572 471-012 (Office)
Tel: [38] 0572 406-702 (Home)
Fax: [38] 0572 471-816
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.univer.kharkov.ua/main/dep/radio/space