Subject: [IGSMAIL-289] Network Outage at NGS
From: Carey Noll
Date: 21 JUL 1993 16:08:40

IGS Electronic Mail       21-JUL-1993 16:08:40       Message Number 289
***********************************************************************

From: Carey Noll
Subj: Network Outage at NGS
---------------------------

I am reporting on the network outage on behalf of NGS and the CIGNET
Information Center (CIC).  Apparently, the network router used to
connect gracie to the outside world was moved to a different floor on
Friday, July 16.  The move was only supposed to cause the network to
be down for a few hours.  But, as these things go, their networking
folks have been unable to restore the connection. NGS reports that
they are still not sure when service will be restored.  In the mean
time, they are connecting to remote sites via another host, but are
not sure if the data can be placed to CDDIS using this host.  We will 
try to keep the IGS community informed and hopefully NGS will be back 
on the air soon.

Carey Noll.
CDDIS