Subject: [IGSMAIL-2885]: Data centre OLG - communication problems
From: Peter Pesec <[email-masked]>
To: IGS Mail Recipients <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:28:02 +0000

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      13 Jun 03:27:15 PDT 2000      Message Number 2885
******************************************************************************

Author: Peter Pesec

The internet connection between the data-centre Graz-Lustbuehel and the
Graz
Technical University is presently realized by a microwave bridge (3 km)
which 
requires a free line of sight. Unfortunately some trees in between which
are in
private property did not stop growing which gradually influences the
quality
of communication. An emergency facility  (A/B channel permanent ISDN
connection) will be installed  during the next days to bridge the time
until the 
data-centre will move to a new location with perfect internet
connections
(presumably end of August until mid of September).

We apologize for this inconvenience, but nature cannot be stopped so
easily.

Peter      
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Peter Pesec                     Tel : +43-316-467350
Space Research Institute,           Fax : +43-316-467356
Department Satellite Geodesy        Mail: [email-masked]
Austrian Academy of Sciences
Lustbuehelstrasse 46, A-8042 Graz
----------------------------------------------------------------