Subject: [IGSMAIL-287] Internet connnection
From: Martin Hendy
Date: 21 JUL 1993 08:40:29

IGS Electronic Mail       21-JUL-1993 08:40:29       Message Number 287
***********************************************************************

From: Martin Hendy
Subj: Internet connnection
--------------------------

I am happy to announce that after much lobbying we have succeeded in get an
Internet connection at AUSLIG and thus email addresses have changed as below,
and we have an anon ftp address as well. I am currently working towards 
establishing a regional network around the Australian region of permanent 
trackers and will advise in due course as these stations come on line. At the
moment we have some receivers temporarily located at Darwin and soon Townsville,
until the permanent units are in place we operate receivers on a project basis.
Any queries re data etc should come to me, I hope to have a number of permanent 
sites on line by the end of this year.

Email: Martin Hendy - [email-masked]
       John Manning - [email-masked]

Anon ftp: ftp.auslig.gov.au
User: ftp
Passwd: your name

GPS path:

cd /gps

In due course day directories will be created beneath this directory.

All official IGS email should come to me.

Regards
Martin Hendy