Subject: [IGSMAIL-286] Station Information Request
From: Ruth Neilan
Date: 20 JUL 1993 08:40:47

IGS Electronic Mail       20-JUL-1993 08:40:47       Message Number 286
***********************************************************************

From: Ruth Neilan
Subj: Station Information Request 
---------------------------------

July 15, 1993, IGS Central Bureau
******************************************************************
Ref. IGS Mail #260, 263, 265

Dear GPS Station Managers:

Listed below are all of the sites that we still need station 
information from. I have marked with an 'x' the stations which have 
responded to date, and should note that the first report received was 
from the Metsahovi station.  Fast Response!  Thanks to Matti Paunonen, 
John Dow & C. Garcia, Andrew Sinclair,George Preiss and Urs Wild for 
transmitting the forms listed 'x' below.  For the rest of the stations, 
please forward the reports as soon as possible, by the end of July (two 
weeks). I have enclosed the form again, as well as Gurtners antenna 
chart, and I think I have eliminated a line wrap problem with some 
machines.  (The form and chart are now set for a standard, 72 non-
proportional characters per line).  

Please forward the requested hardcopy information to the Central Bureau 
as soon as possible.  We plan to collate all of the information and 
publish an IGS Station Resource Booklet for distribution to everyone.  
This will include copies of the completed forms, pictures and horizons 
masks, site diagrams,and any other pertinent information.  I would also 
like to include a general photoview of each station and the local 
facilities, if you could please include a picture in the package.  The 
target completion date for this project is September 15.  These text 
forms will be available electronically to everyone. I may contact you 
concerning any questions on the reports.  Prior to distribution, I 
would also like to have the draft reviewed by Boucher, Altamini and 
Gurtner.

PLEASE VERIFY YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESSES BY CONFIRMING RECEIPT OF THIS 
MESSAGE, MANY OF THE STATION MANAGERS ARE NOT CURRENTLY INCLUDED IN IGS 
MAIL LIST.  IF INTERNET E-MAIL IS NOT POSSIBLE, YOUR FAX NUMBER. IF YOU 
HAVE ANY PARTICULAR PROBLEM, PLEASE CONTACT ME.

On behalf of all IGS Colleagues, Thank-you for your cooperation. 

Ruth

.....Site Name, Agency
_______________________________
.....Algonquin, EMR/CGS
.....Alberthead, EMR/GSC
.....Bermuda, NOAA/NGS
.....Fairbanks, NASA/JPL
.....Fortaleza, NOAA/NGS
.....Goldstone, NASA/JPL
.....Graz, ISRO
.....Greenbelt, NASA/JPL-GSFC
.....Hartebeesthoek, CNES
..x..Herstmonceux, RGO
.....Hobart, NOAA/NGS
.....JPL Mesa, NASA/JPL
.....Kitab, GFZ
.....Kokee Park, NASA/JPL
.....Kootwijk, DUT
..x..Kourou, ESA/ESOC
.....Madrid, NASA/JPL
..x..Maspalomas, ESA/ESOC
.....Matera, ISA
.....McDonald, NASA/JPL
.....McMurdo, NASA/JPL
..x..Metsahovi, FGI
.....North Liberty, NASA/JPL
..x..Ny Alesund, SK
.....Onsala, OSO
.....Pamate, CNES
.....Penticton, EMR/GSC
.....Pie Town, NASA/JPL
.....Pinyon Flat, SIO/JPL
.....Quincy, NASA/JPL
.....Richmond, NOAA/NGS
.....Saint John's, EMR
.....Santiago, CEE/NASA/JPL
.....Scripps, SIO
.....Taipei, IES
.....Tidbinbilla, NASA/JPL
.....Tromso, SK
.....Usuda, ISAS
.....Vandenberg, SIO/JPL
.....Westford, NOAA/NGS
.....Wettzell, IfAG
.....Yarragadee, NASA/JPL
.....Yellowknife, EMR
..x..Zimmerwald, BfL
..x..= electronic form completed
Additional Sites

Hardcopy infomration to:
======================================================================
Ruth E. Neilan                     Telephone:   (818)-354-8330
IGS Central Bureau                 FAX:         (818)-393-6686
Jet Propulsion Laboratory          Email:       [email-masked]
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, CA 91109
======================================================================

cc:
Ambrosius, DUT: Kootwijck
Bock, SIO: PGGA Sites
Boloh, CNES: Pamate, Hartebeesthoek
Brock, ARL: McMurdo
Bryant, GSFC: NASA Stations
Chin, NOAA-NGS: NOAA/Cignet Stations
Jenkins, SPC40: Tidbinbilla, Yaragadee FAX: 61-6-249-0805
Clark, GSFC: GGAO
Diaz, CEE: Santiago
DiNardo, JPL-GNOG: NASA Stations 
Dow, ESA-ESOC: Kourou, Maspalomas  
Dragert,EMR-GSC: GSC Stations
Hart, JPL-GNOG: NASA Stations
Heroux, EMR-CGS: CGS Stations
Johanssen, OSO: Onsala
Lindqwister, JPL-GNOG: NASA Stations
Manning, AUSLIG:Tidbinbilla, Yaragadee
Noll, GSFC: Info
Paunonen, FGI: Metsahovi
Pesec, ISRO: Graz
Preiss, SK: Norwegian Net
Reigber, GFZ: Kitab
Schlueter, IfAG: Wettzell
Sinclair, RGO: Herstmonceux 
Van Loon, DUT: Kootwijck
Vespe, ISA: Matera
Wild, BfL: Zimmerwald
Yu, IESAS: Taipei FAX  2-3629563

**********************************
     SITE INFORMATION FORM
**********************************

0. Form

        Prepared by (full name):
        Date                   :
        Report type            :
          (NEW or UPDATE)
 
1. Site Identification of the GPS monument

        Site Name              :
        4 char ID              :
        Monument Inscription   :
        IERS DOMES Number      :
        CDP Number             :
        Date                   :
        Additional information :

2. Site Location

        City                   :
        Country                :
        Tectonic Plate         :
        Additional information :

3. GPS Receiver

        Type                   :
        Serial Number          :
        Firmware Version       :
        Date                   :

   (use type names from attached list)

4. GPS Antenna

        Type                   :
        Serial Number          :
        Date                   :

   (use type names from attached list)

        Vertical Antenna Height:
        Antenna Reference Point:
        Date                   :

5. Local Site Ties
        
Monument        CDP    DOMES              Components      Accuracy Date
Name          Number  Number       dX       dY      dZ     mm yy-mm-dd
............  ....... ........   ........ ........ ........ .. .. .. ..
............  ....... ........   ........ ........ ........ .. .. .. ..
............  ....... ........   ........ ........ ........ .. .. .. ..

Differential coordinates from the GPS monument to the reference and 
other monuments. The components are parallel to the XYZ-axes of the 
global geocentric reference system ITRF (WGS-84).

"Accuracy" is estimated accuracy of local survey (millimeters).

6. Frequency standard

        H-maser /   /   Cesium /   /    Quartz /   /     Internal /   /
        Other (specify)        :
        Date                   :

        (Mark with 'X')

7. Collocation

        SLR    /   /    VLBI  /  /     DORIS  /  /     PRARE    /  /  

        Other GEOPHYSICAL Instrumentation (specify)        :

        Other (specify)        :

        (Mark with 'P' for permanent, 'M' for mobile collocation)

8. On-site, Point of Contact Agency Information 

        Agency                 :
        Contact                :
        Address                :
                                
        Telephone              :
        E-mail                 :
        Fax                    :

9. Responsible Operations Agency 
   (if different from item 8)

        Agency                 :
                                
        Contact                :
        Address                :
                                
        Telephone              :
        E-mail                 : 
        Fax                    :

10. Please insert here the character graphics corresponding to the 
antenna type. Check, complete or change if necessary the antenna 
dimensions.

11. Hard copy information

    The next items should be compiled and sent to the Central Bureau 
(see original IGS Station Information Report, or contact the CB for 
forms).

    Please mark 'X' if on file or date expected to be available.

        Site Map               :
        Site Diagram           :
        Horizon Mask           :
        Monument description   :
        Site pictures          :

Antenna Chart and Graphics
Werner Gurtner

+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|  ROGUE Receivers     |  Description                                  |
+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|  ROGUE SNR-8         |  2 unit rack-mounted (big Rogue)              |
|  ROGUE SNR-800       |  1 unit rack-mounted (big Rogue)              |
|  ROGUE SNR-8A        |  MiniRogue -- not CONAN compatible            |
|  ROGUE SNR-8C        |  MiniRogue -- CONAN compatible                |
|  ROGUE SNR-8000      |  TurboRogue (field unit)                      |
|  ROGUE SNR-8100      |  TurboRogue (rack mount)                      |
+----------------------+---------------------------------------- ------+
|  ROGUE Antennae      |  Description                                  |
+----------------------+---------------------------------------- ------+
|  DORNE MARGOLIN R    |Antenna with chokering for Rogues (JPL design) |
|  DORNE MARGOLIN B    |Antenna with chokering forRogues (AOA design)  |
|  DORNE MARGOLIN T    |Antenna with chokering for TurboRogues         |
+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+

+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|  TRIMBLE Receivers   |  Description                                  |
+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|  TRIMBLE 4000S       |                                               |
|  TRIMBLE 4000SE      |                                               |
|  TRIMBLE 4000SL      |                                               |
|  TRIMBLE 4000ST      |                                               |
|  TRIMBLE 4000SX      |                                               |
|  TRIMBLE 4000SLD     |Dual freq. L1 c/a; L2 squaring                 |
|  TRIMBLE 4000SST     |Dual freq. L1 c/a; L2 squaring; L2 p-code      |
|                      |        optional                               |
|  TRIMBLE 4000SSE     |Dual freq. p-code on  L1 and L2; xcr Y-code    |
+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|  TRIMBLE Antennae    |  Description                                  |
+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|  4000SE INTERNAL     |                                               |
|  4000SL MICRO        |  (Round)                                      |
|  4000SLD L1/L2       |  Dual  freq. geodetic receiver (SLD series)   |
|  4000ST INTERNAL     |                                               |
|  4000ST KINEMATIC    |  Single freq. without a ground plane          |
|  4000ST L1 GEODETIC  |  To use with single freq. geodetic receiver   |
|  4000ST L1/L2 GEOD   | Dual freq. geodetic receiver (SST/SSE series) |
|  4000SX MICRO        |  (Square)                                     |
+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+

+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|  MINIMAC Receivers   |  Description                                  |
+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|  MINIMAC 2816AT      |  Rack-mounted (used in CIGNET and NIED)       |
|  MINIMAC 2816        |  Field unit                                   |
+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|  MINIMAC Antennae    |  Description                                  |
+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|  MACROMETER X-DIPOLE |Crossed-dipole antenna with large ground plane |
|  MINIMAC PATCH       |  Patch antenna                                |
+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+

+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|  ASHTECH Receivers   |  Description                                  |
+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|  ASHTECH xxxxxxxx    | xxxxxxxx is the receiver type to be found in  |
|                      |receiver-generated S-file, e.g.LM-XII3 or L-XII|
+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|  ASHTECH Antennae    |  Description                                  |
+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|  GEODETIC L1/L2 L    |Dual freq. with ground plane (LD-XII & MD-XII) |
|  GEODETIC L1/L2 P    |Dual freq. with ground plane (P-12)            |
|  MARINE/RANGE        |  Single freq. with a smaller ground plane     |
|  A-C L1              |  Single freq. without a ground plane for      |
|                      |      aircraft use                             |
|  A-C L1/L2           |Dual freq,without ground plane for aircraft use|
+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+

************************************************************************

          Rogue: DORNE MARGOLIN R  (JPL Design)

                         -----  
                     /     +     \                        <-- 0.096  L2
                    |      +      |                       <-- 0.078  L1
  +-----------------+-------------+------------------+    <-- 0.070  TCR
  |                                                  |
  |                                                  |
  |                                                  |
  |                                                  |
+-+--------------------------------------------------+-+  <-- 0.006
+--------------------------x---------------------------+  <-- 0.000  ARP

<--                      0.381                       -->

    Rogue:  DORNE MARGOLIN B  (Allen Osborne Design)

                         -----  
                     /     +     \                        <-- 0.096  L2
                    |      +      |                       <-- 0.078  L1
  +-----------------+-------------+------------------+    <-- 0.070  TCR
  |                                                  |
  |                                                  |
  |                                                  |
  |                                                  |
  |                                                  |
  +-----------------+------x------+------------------+    <-- 0.000  ARP
                    |             |  
                    +-------------+                       <-- -0.011
                          ||  ||

  <--                    0.351                     -->

             TurboRogue: DORNE MARGOLIN T

                         -----  
                     /     +     \                        <-- 0.128  L2
                    |      +      |                       <-- 0.110  L1
  +--------------------------------------------------+    <-- 0.102  TCR
  |                                                  |
  |                                                  |
  |                                                  |
  |                                                  |
+-+--------------------------------------------------+-+  <-- 0.038
+-------------------+-------------+--------------------+  <-- 0.035  BCR
                    |             | 
                   =|             |  
                    +------x------+                       <-- 0.000  ARP

<--                      0.381                       -->

                Trimble: 4000SLD L1/L2

                          / \
                        /     \
                      /    +    \                         <-- 0.057  L1
                    /      +      \                       <-- 0.056  L2
+-----------------+-----------------+------------------+  <-- 0.051  TGP
+--------------+-----------------------+---------------+  <-- 0.050  BGP
               |                       |
               |                       |
               +-----------x-----------+              <-- 0.000  ARP=BPA

               <--       0.198       -->
<--                      0.483                       -->

             Trimble: 4000SX MICRO (square)

                          / \
                        /     \
                      /    +    \                         <-- 0.057  L1
                    /      +      \                       <-- 0.056  L2
+-----------------+-----------------+------------------+  <-- 0.051  TGP
+----------------+-------------------+-----------------+  <-- 0.048  BGP
                 |                   |
                 |                   |
                 +---------x---------+               <--  0.000  ARP=BPA

               <--       0.197       -->
<--                      0.606                       -->

               Trimble: 4000ST L1/L2 GEOD

                       ----+----                          <-- 0.070  L1
                    /      +      \                       <-- 0.068  L2
++----------------+-----------------+-----------------++  <-- 0.063  TGP
++---------------+-------------------+----------------++  <-- 0.060  BGP
                 |                   |
                  |                 |
                   |               |
                    +------x------+                   <-- 0.000  ARP=BPA

                    <--  0.140  -->                           BPA
                 <--     0.155     -->                        TPA
 <--                     0.267                      -->        NOTCHES
<--                      0.483                       -->        EDGE 

               Ashtech: GEODETIC L1/L2 L

                           ^
                 +-------------------+
  +--+ +-------+-----------+-----------+--------+ +--+  <-- 0.064    
                                                              TGP=L1=L2
+-+--+ +------------+-------------+-------------+ +--+-+ <--  0.060  BGP
                    |-------------|
                    |-------------|
                    |-------------|
                    |-------------|
                    +------x------+                  <--  0.000  ARP=BPA

                  <--    0.080    -->
      <--                0.220                 -->
<--                      0.286                       -->

   ARP: Antenna Reference Point
   L1 : L1 Phase Center                   L2 : L2 Phase Center
   TCR: Top of Chokering                  BCR: Bottom of Chokering
   TGP: Top of Ground Plane               BGP: Bottom of Ground Plane
   TPA: Top of Preamplifier               BPA: Bottom of Preamplifier

***********************************************************************