Subject: [IGSMAIL-2834]: Scheduled JPL network/power outages
From: Dave Stowers <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 23:23:16 +0000

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      12 May 16:23:17 PDT 2000      Message Number 2834
******************************************************************************

Author: Dave Stowers

Dear Colleagues,

It appears to be the time of year for power and facility maintenance...

Please be apprised of the following scheduled JPL facility maintenance
which will result in down time for the JPL GPS data handling systems
for the duration of the maintenance:

May  16 10PM-6AM - building network infrastructure maintenance

May  20 6AM-6PM  - building power maintenance

June 10 6AM-6PM  - building power maintenance

Please note that the times are represented in US/Pacific Time (UTC -7).

Other than the June 10 maintenance event, these are expected to be 
conservative estimates. Also note that these events may be subject to
change (e.g., May 15-18 there will be network maintenance on other floors 
of the building that is not expected to, but may interfere with our 
operations).

While the data collection and RINEXing for many sites normally processed 
at JPL will be provided for via backup systems at UNAVCO, some outages
and additional delays in data availability are likely to occur.

Apologies in advance for any inconvenience incurred during these events
(as you might imagine, this will be a bit inconvenient for us as well).

Best regards,

-dave
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
David Stowers,  JPL/Caltech,  Satellite Geodesy and Geodynamics Systems
4800 Oak Grove Drive, M/S 238-600, Pasadena, CA, USA
Tel. +1 818-354-7055, fax +1 818-393-4965, E-mail [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------